Live Aquaria City Group Buy For This Week -- Saturday Shipping

ColaAddict

I'm contemplating getting a Cooperband Butterfly fish, anyone ever own one. I'm having some Aiptasia issues and the peppermint shrimp I got suck at eating them, so I'm thinking of a butterfly. It's just that I own a couple of Big anemones and I'm worried the copperband might try to eat them too.

ColaAddict

hmm, I do have zoas and cloves. I saw a Copperband Butterfly at Midwest Coral in one of their frag tanks, so I know it's coral safe, but they won't sell it to me.

Scarlett778

I'm contemplating getting a Cooperband Butterfly fish, anyone ever own one. I'm having some Aiptasia issues and the peppermint shrimp I got suck at eating them, so I'm thinking of a butterfly. It's just that I own a couple of Big anemones and I'm worried the copperband might try to eat them too.
Had one for almost a year, that just kicked the bucket :( they're great characters and hard to get acclimated due to their reluctance to eating. She ate all aptasia and never went for the rbta. I don't know about purchasing online. This fish might be best bought local so you can see if it is already eating and healthy.

Pufferpunk

Puffer I'm sure yours is healthy but it's not meant for a novist. That's the point I was trying to get to.
I was actually commenting on the fact that he didn't bother cloves or zoas but also that with a consistent supply of live worms (which most don't supply for their fish), they may have a chance of success. I might also state that despite live worms & tons of aptasia to eat, I lost my 1st 2. If this one didn't make it, I wasn't planning on trying again

jcarlilesiu

My copperbanded recently passed for unknown reasons.

They are somewhat delicate. Just an FYI.

jcarlilesiu

I was actually commenting on the fact that he didn't bother cloves or zoas but also that with a consistent supply of live worms (which most don't supply for their fish), they may have a chance of success. I might also state that despite live worms & tons of aptasia to eat, I lost my 1st 2. If this one didn't make it, I wasn't planning on trying again
How difficult is it to keep live worms? I would be interested in it, but we really don't have anywhere to put a big system for sustaining them? How do you do it? What is the process basically?

Pufferpunk

Figures, one of the fish I wanted is out of stock. :(

Actually, Coral Reef has a big one for the same price, so I think I'll get it there.