Living Sea Aquarium-Closing

fredfish13

I know some of us are not big fans of the place, but it was one of the few places close to home that had almost everything I needed. They are closing their doors for good next week and have a 25% sale on most everything. Just wanted to let people know.

ninjamyst

Premium member
wow, this was where my dad got his 55 gallon aquarium over 20 years ago when they were one of the few LFS in Chicago...I am not surprised they are closing. They are so old school...

labas39

I hate when stores close, regardless of how they are. Hopefully they're just retiring!

I bought some of my first corals there back around 2002, one blue and one green mushroom that I still can't get rid of! LOL

fredfish13

don't know for sure. I called to today was told that they would be closing next Thursday and will not reopen. Nor resold. they did remodel last year and gave up a 1/3 of their space and that whole building and block was under construction for the last year as well.

madjoe

Premium member
25 percent off of there cazy prices still more expensive then almost everywhere thats why they r closeing . The workers there were always nice though even though close to my house i stopped going there yrs ago after buying a regal angel for 250$ then seeing same fish for 50$ to 90$ guess the over head there must of been nuts finally took a toll on em

3dees

been going there for years. I thought they were just remodeling last year. then realized they just closed about half the store. the sw section. they have always been one of the more expensive places to buy from but their fish have always been healthy. I remember when they had about ten people working there and they all knew what they were talking about. went there last week and there was one guy working the floor. sad to see any lfs close down.

madjoe

Premium member
Just got the email its actually 50 percent off and looks like so good deals on used equipment

mleinart

Just curious if anyone talked to them before they shut down (I didn't have a chance to stop by) and find out why they were shutting down. I'm curious if they were just retiring or the business wasn't doing well.

The prices were really high, but I still really liked the place. The guy there who always helped me was incredibly nice and knowledgeable and very tolerant of my crazy kids running around the store. Their fish and coral were pricey but I felt like they kept their tanks really well - if I had problems with livestock I'd blame myself before blaming them.

cet98

The guy there who always helped me was incredibly nice and knowledgeable and very tolerant of my crazy kids running around the store. Their fish and coral were pricey but I felt like they kept their tanks really well - if I had problems with livestock I'd blame myself before blaming them.
yeah, yeah...it was that young light haired guy, can't remember his name but I think it started with a "B"...he was by FAR the nicest and most knowledgeable guy there....
but there were some real winners there boy.......especially that short little dark haired fella.......can't remember his name either.......
think it started with a "J".......
hmmmmmm, oh well....doesn't matter anymore I guess....:mario:

madjoe

Premium member
yeah, yeah...it was that young light haired guy, can't remember his name but I think it started with a "B"...he was by FAR the nicest and most knowledgeable guy there....
but there were some real winners there boy.......especially that short little dark haired fella.......can't remember his name either.......
think it started with a "J".......
hmmmmmm, oh well....doesn't matter anymore I guess....:mario:
Brad was cool dude . Honestly only reason i didnt shop there any more i should say cause i did before was prices the place and people were cool . But saltwater prices were wicked high but i guess haveing big store like that overhead is more so prices higher not to mention the neighborhood it was in

Lancey

Funny I went there from time to time but was always put off by the slim guy ....I think he is the light haired "brad" you guys are all talking about. He never seemed friendly at all to me. Almost like he did not want me in the store. I tried going at different times and different days so maybe I would show up when he was not there, not much luck he was always there. I spent a good amount of money there a few times but eventually stopped going there unless I could not find something at the other stores. I wonder what made him treat me different...hmmm. I think I know but its a common theme when you witness them treating all the other customers nice and when they get to you its like you did something bad to them.