Logan Square/Bucktown/ Wicker Park- Reefers

Tank2379

Logan square is getting nice huh Frankie. Im might not move out of the ghetto at this rate.
Yes sir... Humbolt Park is not Humbolt Park the way it use to be anymore.... Soon those Flag on Division Street will be taken down... i give it a couple more years

Steve1986

Yes sir... Humbolt Park is not Humbolt Park the way it use to be anymore.... Soon those Flag on Division Street will be taken down... i give it a couple more years
I've lived all my life in Humboldt park & Logan square till 2 yrs ago when I bought a home in melrose park and it's true that it has changed a whole lot. Not being puertorican no insult was taken but the flags coming down comment seems kind of negative!

I've lived all my life in Humboldt park & Logan square till 2 yrs ago when I bought a home in melrose park and it's true that it has changed a whole lot. Not being puertorican no insult was taken but the flags coming down comment seems kind of negative!
I think the flags will still stay up due to the neighborhood's history and the many Puerto Rican restaurants that line that corridor. The Puerto Rican migration into that area took place in the 50s and there are still plenty of long-time Puerto Rican residents. That area was put on the map during the riot in 1966 and the Paseo Boricua has since been recognized as the epi-center of Puerto Rican culture in Chicago and the Midwest. The neighborhood is being gentrified but there will always be a very strong Puerto Rican prescence in that area.

Tank2379

Not negative just the truth... Doesn't look bright for the once strong spanish community. Where they use to have the puerto rican fest a week now it's chopped down to 3 days friday thru sunday.... They didn't even have the parade downtown this year for lack of funds, they ended up having it down Divison street to kedzie ave.... Not sure but from hearing from my cuzin that live in the heart of that neighbhor future doesn't look bright anymore for that area regardless if the flags stay up or not...

Sawdonkey

Premium member
you guys been to parsons? i havent it looks super popular for chicken and fish.
No but I have plans to go there as well as Honey Butter Fried Chicken.

I think Humboldt has and will be slow to gentrify due to the lack of public transit. Nobody wants to take a bus and then a train to get downtown for work.

skunkmere

i went once to bang bang and they were out of pie, as i left some people ask for scraps and where give a free piece of pie. I was like why did they sell me or give me that piece? Kinda felt salty and never went back.

Tank2379

i went once to bang bang and they were out of pie, as i left some people ask for scraps and where give a free piece of pie. I was like why did they sell me or give me that piece? Kinda felt salty and never went back.
The biscuts are crazy good.... I am sure they will make it up the Pies are ridiculious and the fact that I stay like right across from them it's hard to stay away from there... lol Expensive but awesome Pies

Siebo

Premium member
Logan Sq here too. Talman and Logan. Lived here for 8 years. The area has really changed since moving here.