Looking for 3/4" silicone hose to decouple my external return pump from my sump

fit

I want to try to acoustically decouple my pump from my sump. There is a constant hum. I have sound proofing material under my pump, but vibrations are transmitted through the short length of PVC between my pump and sump. I hear the hum being transmitted clearly when I put my ear to the cabinet far away from everything.

I recall that red dragon pump comes with silicone coupling for just this purpose and I would like to try it. Anybody know where I can get this? I see this http://www.siliconehose.com/commerce/ccp1136--0-750--id-4-ply-silicone---saej20-compliant--glo-c40-075.htm but I am not sure this will be soft enough to decouple as well as possible. Perhaps there is a medical grade product. i know the red dragon stuff was translucent and milky in color.

Joe5688

Just get spa flex hose from Menards/hone depot. That's what most of us use and its available everywhere. I have a 12" piece coming off my pump that's goes to a 90° pvc elbow and then its pvc the rest of the way up.

Nice thing about it is you can glue it to pvc. Its just like using pvc but its flexible. Kinda expensive though. Usually like $3-4 a foot

Herbie

Banned
Just get spa flex hose from Menards/hone depot. That's what most of us use and its available everywhere. I have a 12" piece coming off my pump that's goes to a 90° pvc elbow and then its pvc the rest of the way up.

Nice thing about it is you can glue it to pvc. Its just like using pvc but its flexible. Kinda expensive though. Usually like $3-4 a foot
+1 I have sections of braided nylon from home depot on both my systems (From pum to return hard plumbing). very quiet.

fit

Very dry humor bordering on nonsense on my part. Please excuse me, I come from a British Commonwealth country in Africa. We all talk this way there. I was expressing my gratitude for incredibly quick resolution to my problem.

badazztealcobra

I usually do a section of vinyl with barbs from the pump to the hard plumbing just for this reason....

You can see the black vinyl in this picture. I always use black so I don't get any algae or anything in it from light getting to it.
View attachment 11329