Looking for a controller

RJDENNIS

My tank is set up and cycling now and I would like to buy a Controller to tie everything into it and eliminate all the timers I have. I have been looking at the Apex and Reef Keeper units but Im not sure which one to go with. I would like something that is easy to use and that will give a safe sound of mind.
I have AI Vegas for lighting and dont really need to control them so I basicly need something to control my heaters and Koralia wavemakers and keep an eye on PH and Temp along with send out emails of system issues. I would also need upgradeability in the event I add more equipment to the tank.

What would be a good controller for what Im looking to do?

Koralia wavemakers require the special Koralia control unit, that is the only way to control them. Unless all you want to do is turn them on and off at specific times of the day.

I just bought a Reefkeeper Lite and I love it. I bought the net version so I can access it via the web, Apex has that function built in. I mainly chose RKL because the add-ons I wanted, seemed cheaper than Apex.

capysolo

Looooove my Apex! Expensive, but awesome, and worth it. I have it controlling my heaters, a Tunze, and my lights, but just on and off as they have a built in controller/dimmer. The feed functions are handy. One button will turn off whatever you want for however long you want.

If you ever have thoughts of upgrading your system, get the best controller you can, you never know if you'll change your mind and want to control something else. Otherwise, get the cheapest one you can that will do what you want.

It took me months to pull the trigger on the Apex, but I'm glad i did.

poidog

I will be selling a 6 month old reefkeeper light level 2. It'll be available this weekend.

Jwblocal701

Looooove my Apex! Expensive, but awesome, and worth it. I have it controlling my heaters, a Tunze, and my lights, but just on and off as they have a built in controller/dimmer. The feed functions are handy. One button will turn off whatever you want for however long you want.

If you ever have thoughts of upgrading your system, get the best controller you can, you never know if you'll change your mind and want to control something else. Otherwise, get the cheapest one you can that will do what you want.

It took me months to pull the trigger on the Apex, but I'm glad i did.
Love mine also
Internet ready out of the box

jayjigga

Definitely love my Apex too. I'm able change programming from my phone and control certain things with a simple click. Well worth the $ :)

Emisis

Definitely love my Apex too. I'm able change programming from my phone and control certain things with a simple click. Well worth the $ :)
Pfffft WHATEVER!!!

Yeah, I love my Apex too :rolleyes: lol!!! Reefkeeper all day long...
This is where it's at!!!!

It's all in what you can afford and what seems to suit your needs the best. I didnt want to deal with programming so I went with Reefkeepers. Your going to get opinionated responses and what not with this crowd of folks LOL