Looking for an unusual bulkhead

tikireefer

I am looking for an old school bulkhead that I am sure is going to be hard to find. Just hoping someone might have one of these laying around that they are not using. It needs to be a 1" bulkhead with threads on the inside of the flange side and slip on the inside of the stem side. The key here is that it needs to allow me to screw a 1 1/4" PVC union directly onto the outside stem threads? Basically the nut thread pattern needs to be the same as PVC thread patterns. A lot of the new bulkheads that I am finding will not let you do it.....the bulkhead is a little bit too big and the thread pattern is smaller.

I have one already that works this way, It is old school and they don't make them like this any more, but I am having a hard time finding a replacement as it is broken. I realize this is not the recommended way for installing a bulkhead and attaching plumbing to it, but the tank I am setting up was plumbed this way and it worked. I will need to redo a lot of plumbing if I can't find a bulkhead that works this way, so please go look in your parts tubs for me! Thanks!

tikireefer

Yes that is the style bulkhead that I need. The question is: Will it let me screw a 1 1/4" PVC union directly onto the outside stem threads? I will have to call BRS and see if they can tell me.....I am guessing that it won't work as all the new bulkheads that I have seen so far are designed so that you can't do what I want to do........only the nut screws on the outside threads, not PVC. Thanks for the link, I will contact them.

Siebo

Premium member
Yes that is the style bulkhead that I need. The question is: Will it let me screw a 1 1/4" PVC union directly onto the outside stem threads? I will have to call BRS and see if they can tell me.....I am guessing that it won't work as all the new bulkheads that I have seen so far are designed so that you can't do what I want to do........only the nut screws on the outside threads, not PVC. Thanks for the link, I will contact them.
Not sure! I did my drain that way you describe with the bulkhead that came with the tank. My union threaded right on to the bulkhead. Works great!