Looking for JBJ Artica Chiller Elbow

Quicksilver

Hi everyone, accidently broke off one of the elbows to my chiller and need a replacement ASAP. Currently I can order online from one place but don't need 6 replacement elbows and can't really afford to wait. I can't run my tank with the lights on and the lid closed. Let me know where and how much you want. Thanks in advance
Or if someone knows a store in Chicagoland that sells the part that works also, called half a dozen specialty stores and no luck.

View attachment 21370

Last edited:

labas39

Bummer that you couldn't find one. I hate when they don't use standard sizes, that one looks custom. I broke my male threaded part and found something close from Menards. I'm still always nervous that the pressure will blow it apart.

If you can't find one and need to fabricate something, I have a bunch of tools; maybe we'd be able to devise something.

Quicksilver

Thanks TD, I appreciate it. I wasted another hour wandering around Menards but like you said it's 5/8 and not a standard size. I ended up ordering the item instead of wasting anymore time looking or risk getting a part that doesn't match 100% and risk a water leak.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Thanks TD, I appreciate it. I wasted another hour wandering around Menards but like you said it's 5/8 and not a standard size. I ended up ordering the item instead of wasting anymore time looking or risk getting a part that doesn't match 100% and risk a water leak.
Correct you wont find them at Menards or Home Depot , I ordered a dozen after i went thru the same thing your going thru and have a bag of them if you still need 1 . they fit thru the plastic nut and have a poly o-ring
Bryan

Quicksilver

Correct you wont find them at Menards or Home Depot , I ordered a dozen after i went thru the same thing your going thru and have a bag of them if you still need 1 . they fit thru the plastic nut and have a poly o-ring
Bryan
Thanks Bryan, that's the elbow I need. I'm in the western burbs near Elmhurst Hospital, if I can find time to head your way I'll PM you.

carpetreef75

Premium member
For a quick fix to get you up and running cut the broken piece at the 90 at 45 degrees spread a layer of goop over the fitting ,slide the hose over and double hose clamp .give the goop a couple hours and let her rip
Bryan

Quicksilver

For a quick fix to get you up and running cut the broken piece at the 90 at 45 degrees spread a layer of goop over the fitting ,slide the hose over and double hose clamp .give the goop a couple hours and let her rip
Bryan
Thanks Bryan, I'm was tempted to cut it straight across and will try that today and see if I can somehow get the hose over the larger end.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Thanks Bryan, I'm was tempted to cut it straight across and will try that today and see if I can somehow get the hose over the larger end.
it will work stretch out the hose with a screwdriver or a socket and then smear some goop and double hose clamp , cutting at the 45 will have no restriction and wide open to the hose . worse scenario is when you get the new fitting you cut off 2" of hose and reattach .
Bryan

Quicksilver

it will work stretch out the hose with a screwdriver or a socket and then smear some goop and double hose clamp , cutting at the 45 will have no restriction and wide open to the hose . worse scenario is when you get the new fitting you cut off 2" of hose and reattach .
Bryan
Thanks again Bryan, I'll do that today. Trying to maintain my temps is getting more difficult now that it's getting warmer outside.