Looking for some help/advice

bulldog0407

Premium member
Hey everyone,

A while back I started to notice that my 93 Frameless Marineland cube was starting to get get some micro bubbles in the seams. I went ahead and searched and realized it was common occurrence on this tank, so I didn’t think much about about it. Fast forward to last week (about 6 months later) as I was doing a WC I noticed that the bubbles increased and were forming some weird shapes. I contact Marineland and sent them some pictures. Sure enough they sent me an email back stating that the tank was unsafe and that they would recommend that I discontinue use of it. Easy for them to say when you have planned and designed the build out like I did for over a year. They have offered me a check for a replacement tank and I am now taking this time to move away from the Frameless tank and upgrade to a Deep Blue 120G.

My plan is to order the tank this week and possibly make the swap in the next two weeks. I am wondering does anyone have a 30B or 40B laying around that I can use as a holding tank for the corals for a few weeks durning the switch? Luckily I have a spare remora Skimmer, powerheads and heaters to run in the tank. I wanted to see if anyone could help instead of me buying a tank (the cost of the 120 is not matching the refund lol). Anyone willing I would appreciate the help.

From an advise standpoint has anyone ever went through a tank change in the same location? The place that the current tank is, is where the next tank needs to go as my sump is under the stairs right behind the set up. I am looking for things to watch for, tricks, anything that will keep my 30 SPS frags and colonies alive during and after the switch.

View attachment 22930View attachment 22929

Last edited:

GugsJr

TeamCR
I have a 30 long that has a few baffles in it you'd need to cut them out but it's free if you want it

bulldog0407

Premium member
Thanks guys, my light is a 24x8 ATI so if I can’t find a wider tank I’ll shoot you a pm.

Last edited:

GugsJr

TeamCR
Found a 40B. Thanks agor the offers.

Anyone of suggestions for swapping the tanks?
Here is what I did when I upgraded from my 93 Cube to my 120.

I filled the 120 with fresh new salt water, got it to temp to match my 93. Then added a few pieces of live rock every day. By the end I added the fish with no loss of fish or coral

bulldog0407

Premium member
Here is what I did when I upgraded from my 93 Cube to my 120.

I filled the 120 with fresh new salt water, got it to temp to match my 93. Then added a few pieces of live rock every day. By the end I added the fish with no loss of fish or coral
Wish I had this option, the problem I have is the 120 needs to go where the 93 is since all of my plumbing goes through the wall. May plan was to set up a 40B and use current tank water and rock to get it set up a week and move my corals over to it for a holding tank. I then have a 29 gal QT I can move the fish to in a few weeks once I start to break the tank down.

For the tank break down I was thinking to use my brute cans for water changes as holding tanks for the water, drain the tank and move the rocks into the water in the brutes with heaters. Then move the 93 out of the way and put the 120gal in place and get the plumbing set. Then I would add in 1/2 old sand and 1/2 new sand, putting the rocks in, adding the water in the brute cans back into the tank (at most 60 gals) and then filling the rest of the tank with new mixed water.

I am then going to add the fish and the corals over a 2 week process if I can.

Thoughts?

madjoe

Premium member
Wish I had this option, the problem I have is the 120 needs to go where the 93 is since all of my plumbing goes through the wall. May plan was to set up a 40B and use current tank water and rock to get it set up a week and move my corals over to it for a holding tank. I then have a 29 gal QT I can move the fish to in a few weeks once I start to break the tank down.

For the tank break down I was thinking to use my brute cans for water changes as holding tanks for the water, drain the tank and move the rocks into the water in the brutes with heaters. Then move the 93 out of the way and put the 120gal in place and get the plumbing set. Then I would add in 1/2 old sand and 1/2 new sand, putting the rocks in, adding the water in the brute cans back into the tank (at most 60 gals) and then filling the rest of the tank with new mixed water.

I am then going to add the fish and the corals over a 2 week process if I can.

Thoughts?
That’s pretty much how i did it