Looking to buy Mystery Wrasse

#theMatrix

...sigh.
Well i was hoping to pick it up myself as the size is perfect and both our tanks and tank mates work well.
[MENTION=2182]BruceK[/MENTION] had one for sale...but so deep into the city that from the burbs is what kept me from picking it up myself.

I believe its 4.5 to 5in adult ...which is why i was interested as that size will hold its own ground unlike the other wrasse ive placed in my tank in the past 2 months i lost 2 to bullying.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
...sigh.
Well i was hoping to pick it up myself as the size is perfect and both our tanks and tank mates work well.
[MENTION=2182]BruceK[/MENTION] had one for sale...but so deep into the city that from the burbs is what kept me from picking it up myself.

I believe its 4.5 to 5in adult ...which is why i was interested as that size will hold its own ground unlike the other wrasse ive placed in my tank in the past 2 months i lost 2 to bullying.
Well, I'm pretty deep in the city, so ill have to look it up.

#theMatrix

You know that feeling when you go ask that fine hunnie to prom...and she says shes going with your best friend?

Thats how i feel right now. I was planning the pick up with eric and he tells me its sold.

...can we get pics once its home. Id like to know how your picasso responds.

Lets keep this topic open

Sawdonkey

Premium member
You know that feeling when you go ask that fine hunnie to prom...and she says shes going with your best friend?

Thats how i feel right now. I was planning the pick up with eric and he tells me its sold.

...can we get pics once its home. Id like to know how your picasso responds.

Lets keep this topic open
I would image Gary won't be happy about his new roommate. He was fine with the six line I added a while ago, so I'm hopeful.

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Well, this could not have worked out worse for me. I bit the billet and ordered a mystery online and paid extra for Saturday shipping. The next day, the guys at Reefwise told me they got some Mysterys in and at half of the price I paid. Then late Friday night, I got an email from UPS saying that there were mechanical delays and my package will arise in the next day. So tomorrow, I'm going to receive a box with a dead mystery wrasse inside.

#theMatrix

Sorry to hear that.
I know they will credit you. But thats not the point. Rw did have a 1in mystery wrasse. The one i took home is 1.5in almost. Its doing well in the observation tank. Looks shy and aggressive. Picks off chunks of frozen krill shrimp like a tiger would shaking its head side to side.

madjoe

Premium member
Well, this could not have worked out worse for me. I bit the billet and ordered a mystery online and paid extra for Saturday shipping. The next day, the guys at Reefwise told me they got some Mysterys in and at half of the price I paid. Then late Friday night, I got an email from UPS saying that there were mechanical delays and my package will arise in the next day. So tomorrow, I'm going to receive a box with a dead mystery wrasse inside.
Crap that sucks azz twice

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Well, box arrived after traveling since Friday, and HE'S ALIVE! He actually looks decent and already ate some mysis in QT. Now I just have to get him through QT (tank transfer method) and get him socialized with all of the big bullies in my display.

xj_matt

Premium member
:whoo: That's Grate News!!!!!keep us up to date on how he's doing. I just bought my little niger trigger today, that I was talking to you about get a week or 2 ago

#theMatrix

I was thinking maybe it will make it.
And if it does...then its a strong healthy wrasse. If that didnt stress it out its a keeper.

Call it skeletor...cuz that face, and it lived.

Last edited:

SkullV

Well, box arrived after traveling since Friday, and HE'S ALIVE! He actually looks decent and already ate some mysis in QT. Now I just have to get him through QT (tank transfer method) and get him socialized with all of the big bullies in my display.
Nice! Glad he came in alive. My Mystery Wrasse was definitely a "fan favorite" in my old 75g. Just a recommendation, but consider getting some Methylene Blue to use in QT between tank transfers. It is extremely effective in treating ammonia poisoning which is very common with shipping errors like this and can show up days or weeks after the fish arrives. Excited to see some new tank shots with this guy!