Looking to upgrade skimmers

crny1

Premium member
I am already tired of the touchyness of my aerofoamer beckett skimmer so I am considering upgrading. Whats everyones opinions on a skimmer large enough for a 450 gallon system with a large bioload? I say large because I know it will be in the near future. I would like it to have a neck cleaner on it also. Internal or external, I can do either. If its internal I may be limited on the footprint it takes up. I would love to have a deltec but dont think the bigger ones are within my budget right now. Any suggestions?
Thanks

dvanlier05

I LOVE my Nyos skimmer. No break in period, set it and forget it, super quiet, and well built. They are not the cheapest but well worth the money.

AquariumOverload

Premium Sponsor
I use a Bashsea Twister skimmer on my 500 gallon system. It just runs and pulls a ton of stuff out of the water. For me its just set it and forget it. I use their skimmer waste collector as well. No neck cleaner. I run mine external but it can be run either way.

crny1

Premium member
I use a Bashsea Twister skimmer on my 500 gallon system. It just runs and pulls a ton of stuff out of the water. For me its just set it and forget it. I use their skimmer waste collector as well. No neck cleaner. I run mine external but it can be run either way.
What size are you using?

crny1

Premium member
Well after alot of consideration the order for a 42" Lifereef has been placed. Hopefully its here by the weeks end.