Lost all fish except clown....

Twitch

Well I just lost all my fish except my clown to ich and I dont think he will make it till the morning. Bought a few cromies from ReefWise a few weeks ago and one didnt make it through the night. It has been a down hill battle from there so far over $300 in fish gone and if this clown dies it will be $400. I have pulled 3 dead ones out today alone. If the clown goes I will fun fallow for a few months and restock. All corals and inverts are fine.

Twitch

Thanks smitty. The clown is currently being eaten by the CUC he is a goner. Had him 3 years this sucks

lunacris

very sorry to hear Tom, def one of the downsides to this hobby. hopefully you get a qt set up and qt all your further fish from where ever or whoever you buy from .

Dayum Tom that truly sucks, sorry to hear that. your set-up have a UV sterilizer ?? feedin with Garlic and medicated foods ?? Hope I never come home to that or everything be up for sale within 3 to 5 minutes .talk soon
Bob

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Twitch

Thanks everyone. All fish are gone and I will let the system run for 3 months fallow, in the meantime I will try to find a qt setup thats cheap even though I dont have room for one.

Tang, Yes I was medicating and soaking my food in garlic prior to feeding the past 2 weeks yesterday my ato hose somehow came out of the water and tank was blowing bubbles for a unknown time by the time I found it 1 fish was dead, 1 was swimming sideways and my clown was covered in ich. about 20 min later the 2nd died and the clown was going. He made it about 3 more hours before being caught by my emerald crab and being done for. I do not have UV but I will pick one up before any more fish come in play. Lesson learned.

Thanks everyone. All fish are gone and I will let the system run for 3 months fallow, in the meantime I will try to find a qt setup thats cheap even though I dont have room for one.

Tang, Yes I was medicating and soaking my food in garlic prior to feeding the past 2 weeks yesterday my ato hose somehow came out of the water and tank was blowing bubbles for a unknown time by the time I found it 1 fish was dead, 1 was swimming sideways and my clown was covered in ich. about 20 min later the 2nd died and the clown was going. He made it about 3 more hours before being caught by my emerald crab and being done for. I do not have UV but I will pick one up before any more fish come in play. Lesson learned.

Sorry to here , Well you can let your sweetie know that the Blue Hippo and Sailfin are doing awesome and getting along great with there tank mates :)
Bob

Krazyandy

Know the feeling man, just bought a starry blenny last week, then he killed off my clowns I had for 2 years.

Twitch

Yea been fallow for a while now next month this time I will start stocking again. Now to decide what I want in it. I know I want one of those expensive firefish, pair of clowns, and a nice colored wrasse or 2 not too sure what else

Twitch

No I did not, not yet. still deciding on what setup I want. I have a 20g bowfront tank but not sure I want to use it.

Chipster67

That sucks, but I fear I'm moving in the same Direction, I came home from work yesterday to see a white spot on my Coral Beauty and him swimming sideways. Then at night I had a Blue Chromis that was just staring at the glass, so kind figured he was replaying his life's worth of adventures.

Woke up this AM to both fish stuck to my power heads dead. All other fish are active, and eating, but I will get the garlic today, assuming I can find it in Northern Illinois.

Also going to do a 50% water change and good cleaning. I'm not 100% sure, but the last thing I introduced in to my tank was a bunch of Amphipods & CopePod, from reef2go, it was a buy 1000 get 1000 free.
So wondering if that may be the way something was introduced?