Maazreef 's 45 cube build

maazreef

Follow me on my return.
3 years ago after my divorce I lost inspiration for everything. Today I am back on my feet and I am more inspired than ever. I am a dad again and started a new life next to someone who apreciate me. This tank is dedicated to her and my unborn baby. Thanks to all my friends on here that have helped make this happen. You guys have inspired me again and that is why this is possible again. This tank is a 45 CUBE that i purchased from someone on here - thank you for the awesome tank. Tank is 23"×23"×19" Stand is 24"×24"×36". She also gave me a 15 gal tank to use as a sump.

EQUIPMENT
Eheim Compact 1000 return pump
JSN W1 Protein Skimmer
KENT Reactor
2 × MP10 ' S
Marine Magic Doser 3 heads
ATO Top off
Aqua lifter Pump
Apex System Standard Temp/PH
Eheim Heater
Kessil A360 WE Tuna Blue
Kessil Spectra Controller.

Last edited:

maazreef

Believe me when I say this because I have had a ton of help on this build lol guys, meet Elsa. This is what I started with, I didn't hard plumb the tank because I am a bit unpatient. I just wanted to see the tank running. I cut the hose down to the specific sizes as my sump build would need.

maazreef

Glass and acrylic baffles

Sump intake where the sock will be under return line.

Waiting for silicone to dry

Water testing the sump

maazreef

Sump loaded.
First chamber to the left-
SC aquariums protein skimmer
Sock
Mid-
Refugium 3 " sand bed and LR
Last-
Return pump.
I am also runing carbon on a Kent cyclone.

saltwater in the tank.

Now to figure hiding all of this. I designed a wood box on paper that will probably become part of the tank to cover all these wires up. Now I just need the wood and time.

Acrylic housing I made to hang my dosing pump on the side of the tank.

maazreef

cloudy tank from adding 10 lb of new sand. tank and rock was fully cycled at this point so I had no spikes. I'm still going to wait a whole week to put all my stuff in there. Picasos are doing well. I threw them in a cooler while the sand settled.

enzo1028

Premium member
Looking great so far, I'm loving that rock scape. Also good job on that sump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maazreef

Awesome build! The wiring seems awesome. Can't wait to see the progress.
Thanks! I just built this to cover up the wires in the side of the tank. It will get stained tonight. And once the acrylic comes in I will cover up the hole.

maazreef

QUOTE=enzo1028;271370]Looking great so far, Ioving that rock scape. Also good job on that sump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Thanks enzo. That rock has about 3 tubes of epoxy lol

Last edited:

enzo1028

Premium member
QUOTE=enzo1028;271370]Looking great so far, Ioving that rock scape. Also good job on that sump!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks enzo. That rock has about 3 tubes of epoxy lol

[/QUOTE]

Smart move, it looks great!

maazreef

Today I worked on finishing the staining of the wood cabinet and tried to fix the chunk of spaghetti wires on the side of the tank and labeled all wires and connections....

Last edited: