Macro Algae in Nano Reefs

pensiveone

Hi folks.

I have seen tanks online that have different macro algae growing in them, but I never seem to see any discussion of them here in these forums. Just wondering why there seems to be little interest in them?

Smitty

Premium member
Most people keep micro algae in the refugium and not the main tank because it can over take your corals and choke them out. I've seen some display refugiums online.

Smitty

Premium member
Most people keep micro algae in the refugium and not the main tank because it can over take your corals and choke them out. I've seen some display refugiums online.

pensiveone

That's too bad, as I thought some macro would really compliment a tank nicely.

Gary

I'm actually going to place some in my wife's new gorgonian tank. I think it'll look nice mixed in with the sea whips, sponges, etc.
Should you be on your way to work? :) Got to surround more gas stations!

Smitty

Premium member
What kind are you planning to use?
I'm still doing the research on the type of micro algae I'm gonna put in there. I don't want anything that's gonna become a nuisance and choke out the corals...there's so many of them out there to choose from.

steveo9043

Ill have some of the yella and dont get cheap on me

[video=youtube;4jLgn7Kz4Us]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jLgn7Kz4Us[/video]