Magnesium

SkunkerX

Was just wondering if my magnesium is low will it throw off my calcium, alkalinity and P.H.?

Usually my calcium is around 420, alk around 9 to 10 dKh and P.H. 8.3 but now

they are calcium around 340, alk just above 7 dKh and P.H. is 7.8

Aquatica told me mag was at around 1100 when it should be around 1320 or so

I have never had this problem where everything is so low as everything was fine

2 weeks ago. As per Mario's request I started to dose magnesium yesterday

and calcium # is from yesterday as I dont have a test kit for that and this morning

my dKh was at about 7.4 and P.H. was 7.8 Everything looks fine except my purple deaths

they are not looking to good right now nor have they been the last few days.

Tethered_Limbs

all 3 regulate eachother. when they are in balance they tend to stay that way, when one starts to swing then it just snowballs. i would get some good titration test kits, and keep those 3 elements in line. which you obviously have been........

Smitty

Premium member
Yep, magnesium will throw all three if those parameters off...so it's a good thing you're raising it back up...i have a calcium test kit I can either bring over there or you can pick up, let me know.

SkunkerX

Cool as I said just started dosing mag "16oz bottle $16.99 at LFS OUCH!! and 128oz bottle for $25.99 @ foster & smiths " but it says it only brings it up 18.3 a day so I should be dosing heavy "they say 1mL per gallon

per day until its up to normal between 1250 and 1350 " for the next week to get it back to where it should be then for my tank size about 28mL a week or 4mL a day. Smitty if you want to let me use your calcium

test kit why don't you stop by here as you have not seen my tank yet, but I'll leave that up to you but either way is good for me. and Thanks

Smitty

Premium member
Yeah, I'll stop by there sometime this morning...just send me your address to my tel# or a pm.

mr_z

Yeah, I'll stop by there sometime this morning...just send me your address to my tel# or a pm.
Smitty is iching to get out the house lol hey Smitty wanna go with me when I pick up that twenty at anicemes house? So we can see the tanked tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkunkerX

oh ya would all my levels being off be a reason to be getting unwanted algae cuz my phosphates are 0 and nitrates are between 0 and 5

mr_z

Field trip!!!!!!! Lol we have to get their permission to show up in a group I'll.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SkunkerX

I just got this in 16oz from lfs and ordered 128oz off fosters and smith I'm using kent for everything else so I figured I might as well stay with it

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=3578+4680+4791&pcatid=4791

Well if it went high using recommended dose I will have it tested at the 4 day mark instead of 8 witch is how long the bottle said it would take according to recommendations

well to get it where its supposed to be from where it is anyway

Thanks for the heads up