Manjano

nyckeeandnate6

I got ended up with a Manjano that hitchhicked on a coral from Midwest Frag Fest that has now turned into 3 manjanos. Anyone have any favorite way of destroying these little buggers. I was going to try injecting lime juice, and the husband said if that don't work he wants to try injecting hydrochloric acid. Before we ended up destroying everything I figured I would try to get some advice from here.

SkunkerX

THE DREADED MAJANO ANEMONE

This is one to watch out for. They are extremely hard to kill. "Joe's Juice" fails completely (for aptasia too). AIPTASI CONTROL by Blue Life works great. Just follow directions. We have this for sale in our shop. One customer has reported that Heniochus (bannerfish) will eat these pests - but be aware they are not safe for other corals.

http://www.seahorse-nw.com/Predators.html scroll about 3/4 way down the page

and I found another site where he says by using a syringe with boiling water he was able to remove every one

hope this helps :laser:

Scarlett778

We had one hitchhiked on our live rock also. We used Aptasia X and crossed our fingers and that seemed to work.

We used a whole syringe full for one anemone and made sure to cover the whole thing. Stopped all pumps for 15 minutes. I may have over compensated with using a whole syringe but that's me, I'm sure if you can make sure to cover the whole thing with Aptasia X it should be fine.

Note: make sure to use the supplied needle to inject AX into the mouth and then cover the entire anemone.

Smitty

Premium member
I've tried boiling lemon juice and also boiled a high ph(buffer) mix, with good results in the past.

Logan 12

Kalk paste is the same thing as joes juice. I had those darn curly cue aiptasia and nothing worked on them. Just purchased the aiptasia x, bam there all gone.

+2 on turning off all flow.

Stonefish13

I also use the aiptasia x to kill the ugly brown polyps and it works great for those as well. That little electric shock device is pretty cool. Anyone ever used it?

jcarlilesiu

I think we are going to try free stuff before we spend any money. I just don't want them to spread.
Keep in mind that these anenomes proliferate when aggitated. Meaning, if you try to manually remove them, most likely the problem will just get worse in the future when all of the new aptasia spring up.

nyckeeandnate6

I wasn't going to pull it out. I was going to try lime juice first and then resort to a chemical. I will have to order online because there are no stores around me that sell Saltwater stuff.