Maracyn

ryanjan11

Ok guys, quick question.... I have a 29g that I used as a quarantine and used Maracyn to treat Body Fungus on a fish about a year ago. I recently made it into a sump (not in use as of yet) but now I'm second guessing even using the sump since I used this medicine in it before. The sump would be used in a reef tank. Was this project a complete loss?

lunacris

Which one is it appears to be a few different types one of them says invert safe so id imagine it would be ok if thats the one you used but still give that bad boy a good scrub

ryanjan11

It just says Maracyn on the box... its not Maracyn Two, Maracyn TC or Maracyn Plus...it doesnt say anything on the box about being reef safe... so a good scrub is good enough?

yogoshio

Maracyn goes inert and any medications do as well. Copper is too large and not ionic enough to attach to silicone or glass or acrylic. Scrub it with vinegar and run a pump to mix it up, then rinse with RO and let dry, and it'll be fine.

lunacris

For what its worth my fuge was used for qt tank with copper from previous owner i cleaned it drilled it like yogo said and filled her up all is well but some wouldnt trust it

ryanjan11

Thanks...I was hoping you guys would say that it was ok...I've soaked it in vinegar and let it sit for a while (3-4 months) but I'll soak it again and scrub it down one more time...lol I was scared that all that time and effort was for nothing...those baffles were a pita.