Marineland hidden LED

FishBeard

Do you know if it's a 450-460nm blue strip thou? Knowing Marineland it's probably some crappy daytime blue that won't make the corals pop. I saw these in a magazine a few months ago as a sneaker "coming soon" ad. This is exactly what I need for my 180 for late night viewing after the T5's go off.

FishBeard

Hmm, I don't even see an all blue strip listed on the site to check. Maybe I'll call them tomorrow after lunch.

Smitty

Premium member
That looks pretty cool...i didn't see a price tho. It says it's 460nm on there George, but it still looks like it won't be blue enough.

FishBeard

That looks pretty cool...i didn't see a price tho. It says it's 460nm on there George, but it still looks like it won't be blue enough.
Yea but that is the daytime strip with both white and blue, I can't find any specs for the all blue strip. Could be different spectrum LEDs used on those.

Smitty

Premium member
Ok, I see what you're saying. I would want an all blue strip also for nighttime viewing.

FishBeard

I'd want 3 of them! Lots of tank to light up. I think I'm just going to call tomorrow and talk to someone about the all blue one if it's available and any specs on them.

Smitty

Premium member
Cool...keep us updated. Ask about the price and the smallest size they have. Thanks bro.

scotty

Price is under 50 here retail. They come in 21 and 11 inch. As far as pop the glowfish glow under them. Tropquatics has one on a tank and it sits under water. Imo i kept it out of the water and got the shimmer and i think its brighter but they had the smaller one... dunno i like the idea of having it hidden in the tank leaves a clean top.

scotty

Accent lighting to light dark areas would be the best bet in a marine environment. Fresh water it is plenty bright.

Smitty

Premium member
The only thing I'm afraid of is it being too bright in the tank. I would only want to use it as a midnight/moonlight. Not as a dusk/dawn look. My actinics already give me that.