marineland pro 100 skimmer question

has anyone used the marineland pro 100 skimmer? ive had mine going for like 2 weeks and it dont seem to be pullin stuff like my cpr backpac was. I have the marineland going in my sump since ive upgraded aquariums. The bacpac would work in my sump but my water level isent high enough for it. The cpr would get all kinds of junk out from green to brown. The marineland one is just getting clear and a little brown out of my system. Ive played around with the nob on the skimmer and if i turn it up just a little bit from all the way down it will just get clear water. some help please!

FishBeard

I've read there is anywhere from days to weeks of break-in on a clean new 100 pro skimmer. Just get the water level just about to the bottom of the collection cup and leave it be. Also, having your hands in your tank frequently can have an effect on a skimmer working properly from the oils on your skin. I'd get it set, feed a healthy portion of frozen food and give it a little longer to really get itself going, and keep your hands out of the water in the meantime. It should sort itself out. We were running a 100 pro on a 40 breeder with sump and it did great until the needlewheel broke.