Markitekt frag pack giveaway! UPDATE WINNER WILL BE CHOSEN FEB 23

markitekt

I've found macro lenses to be useless when shooting my tank. When I get close to the acrylic, it distorts the light coming into the lens and it will never focus correctly. That's why I use a telephoto zoom lens and step away from the tank. The minimum focusing distance is a little long, but it makes for overall better pictures vs. a macro lens.
I have canon 7d but I have 28-135mm macro..the pics wont come out that nice..will look for 50-1.4 soon
or 70-200

sarahwoods

My Hubby and I just bought LED lighting for our 210 this weekend and will be converting our FOWLR tank into a reef tank soon. I would absolutely love to have these beauties in our tank. We have had our tank set up for about 8 months now and were just able to finally buy our LED lighting this past week. All of our fish are reef safe. We will also hopefully be transporting some of the corals from our 10 gallon reef tank over to the new 210 set up. We would love to be considered for this giveaway. We currently have about 10 varieties of LPS and Leather Corals and would love to broaden the scope of our coral collection! :)

Navycook2

well I know i have the lights to support this :p 3x 400w MH 20k Radium .Boy do I hope I win these gorgeous frags!! absolutely amazing tank and thank you for your generosity for sharing apart your your amazing reef!

markitekt

Don't mean to sound overly harsh, but I've yet to a tank with truly thriving SPS under LEDs. I don't mean for this to turn into a lengthy discussion, it's just my observation.

My Hubby and I just bought LED lighting for our 210 this weekend and will be converting our FOWLR tank into a reef tank soon. I would absolutely love to have these beauties in our tank. We have had our tank set up for about 8 months now and were just able to finally buy our LED lighting this past week. All of our fish are reef safe. We will also hopefully be transporting some of the corals from our 10 gallon reef tank over to the new 210 set up. We would love to be considered for this giveaway. We currently have about 10 varieties of LPS and Leather Corals and would love to broaden the scope of our coral collection! :)

sarahwoods

Don't mean to sound overly harsh, but I've yet to a tank with truly thriving SPS under LEDs. I don't mean for this to turn into a lengthy discussion, it's just my observation.
Count me out then.
I like SPS better anyways.
The last thing I would want is to get those beautiful SPS corals just to kill them.

markitekt

I mean, it just so happened that everyone who got frags from me in the past, and had LEDs, failed to keep the corals happy. If anyone has an LED tank with rockin SPS, great, go for it then.

sarahwoods

Thanks!

I mean, it just so happened that everyone who got frags from me in the past, and had LEDs, failed to keep the corals happy. If anyone has an LED tank with rockin SPS, great, go for it then.
I definitely appreciate your honesty though! Thanks for your response! :)

markitekt

Tell you what though, if you wanna test the SPS abilities of your LED setup, come by and I'll give you a free frag of the teal birdsnest.