Mcf

Heading up there tomorrow anyone know a store nearby that opens earlier? Anyone need anything from mcf while I'm there

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

misenplace101

I was just there.... I only saw one maxium with nice pattern. Didn't see any others but I was not paying attention to them either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MMreef

There is nice store near by called fish planet on waukegan rd just north of deerfield rd

ColaAddict

I usually only go to fish planet for emergencies only, everything there's a bit pricey. Plus, I don't remember ever seeing them sell clams there. But youre right, it's a nice little store, worth checking out.

ColaAddict

Yeah, it's close by. it's in that little complex on corner of Deerfield and Waukegan, right next to the hotdog place.

Bwidner

Went there this past weekeend, only saw one clam, gold mantle, was nothing I was impressed with....helpful and attentive staff, the SPS they have leaves something to be desired, although they had some really nice frags. For softies and LPS though I dont think you can beat them, huge selection great prices...unlike people have claimed on other forums, I did not see anything labeled cuban or japanese. Really liked it overall and well worth the drive, I feel like I got quite a bit for the $100 I spent out there.

poidog

they only get clams every couple months, when they do they get a bunch and they go quickly.

I think they are the best in the area for livestock. Prices are also great for a brick and mortar store.

their sps are usually fresh cut, that's why they don't look the greatest, but they come from high quality mothers.

Bwidner

their sps are usually fresh cut, that's why they don't look the greatest, but they come from high quality mothers.
Yeah I should have been more clear in what I said, you can tell the SPS are pretty freshly cut as they seemed to have just started encrusting, I meant that their aquacultured/selection of non frag sps leaves something to be desired, they just didn't have a large selection at least when I was there....and now I am prob going back this weekend for the onyx babies lol.

Bwidner

BTW anyone looking for ric's they have quite a few sporting 2-3 mouths and have started splitting, was there sat and prob saw at least 7-8 florida's like this.

Forfend

Amazing store! So clean, professional and knowledgable.

Except spent maybe 45 minutes in there, left and everything was yellow outside, weird feeling

rmklasen

...left and everything was yellow outside, weird feeling
hahaha I left there last week thinking "it always looks like that greenish it's-about-to-storm color when I walk out of here." Must be the light from the tanks up front.

I cannot say enough good about this place. Highly professional staff. No one ever tries to hard sell you and they'll talk your ear off when you ask a question. They've been extremely helpful whenever I've asked for advice.

90% of what's in my tank is from MCF. Best LFS in Chicago.