Meno the Clownfish

Fredericks

So,

I was at Aquarium adventure in Bolingbrook picking up a CUC for my 46 euro and was talking to the guy and he was telling me about this Sustainable island Percula that came in with extra fins, interested i asked to see him. Well i look into this tank and lone behold here is a tiny percula with not one, not two, but three extra pectoral fins on his right side, and one large fin on the left side. and also a extra pelvic fin on the right side. Feeling bad for this little guy as they were going to let him be a feeder i rescued him. he is not in QT but will be hosting in my Halloween Bubble Tip soon enough. I will get pictures soon.

Andrew

Cubbies

Sounds cool. Just keep an eye on him as the fins may be a sign of an unhealthy speciment. Looking forward to the pics either way!

SaylorsReef

Sustainable island? REALLY???

Next time your their tell your sales guy about the tropical island in Tennessee where your fish came from.
http://www.sustainableaquatics.com/

Now please post pics.
The Sustainable Island Project is the captive raised portion of Sustainable Aquatics's business.

However, I have a hard time believing that this fish came from either. They are pretty well known for shipping quality.

Crooks

The Sustainable Island Project is the captive raised portion of Sustainable Aquatics's business.

However, I have a hard time believing that this fish came from either. They are pretty well known for shipping quality.
Which island is the one called sustainable island? There is no reason for them to be collecting clownfish eggs or larvae out of the ocean then raising them. Post larval tangs and other fish that havent been tank breed I could see but not clownfish.

I still would like to see a pic. I have a large onyx female without pelvic fins.

SaylorsReef

Which island is the one called sustainable island?
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. Here is a link from their website that talks more about the project

http://www.sustainableaquatics.com/2009/12/683/

There is no reason for them to be collecting clownfish eggs or larvae out of the ocean then raising them. Post larval tangs and other fish that havent been tank breed I could see but not clownfish.
I agree. However, "a clownfish" is listed as being part of the initial availability of the project. I assume it is the clarkii, that they have pictured in the link, but I can't say for sure.