Messing with my new microscope

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
So I originally bought a microscope so I could try to I’d some of the algae in my tank so I could properly treat it to go away. In the time I waited for delivery most my algae has gone away on its own so this did not seem as important to me anymore. But I still wanted to play with my new toy. Sunday morning decided to do my usual Routine cleaned my glass and vacuum some sand and then I noticed a small worm looking thing climbing up my glass. It is about 1/2 inch long size of a pencil line. I immediately knew it was some kind of a Bristol worm or Eunice worm decided to suck it up in a eyedropper and put it on a slide and take a few pictures and this is what I got. Still not sure exactly what it is but a few years ago I did catch a 3 foot long Eunice worm in my tank maybe these are babies. I took 4 pictures 2 with light from bottom sort of X-ray style and 2 from light on top more of like an inspection. Either way kind of cool.

Attachments

((FORDTECH))

Premium member
When searching for a microscope I honestly had no clue what I was looking for. Decided I was going to get one with highest magnification I could get for a cheap price cause I was not going to use it much. I had an Amazon gift card so started to look on there. Many to choose from. I started to narrow down by price and magnification. Then not knowing anything about microscopes I realized they have built in lights they either are controlled by battery and or power cord and shine from bottom and or from top depending on what you want to look at. Now knowing this I ran across one that powered from both batteries and a power cord and had light both top and bottom. Also it had the highest magnification range of 2000x in what I would consider cheap price range of 100-200$ I was looking and this one was only 112 $ so I figured was a deal. MaxLapter is the brand name I’m sure it’s a cheaper brand but the unit seems very sturdy to me. Another reason I bought it was for the cell phone adapter it came with but I must say it is garbage don’t work so well I end up just very carefully holding my phone to the lens. One thing in the next microscope that I’m sure I will never buy because this is good enough is a binocular lens instead of single eye lens. Would just be easier and better viewing. Over all I’m very happy on my purchase and do recommend it for the price.

Attachments