Mini/Maxi Nems

Pufferpunk

I have 6 of them now & one is prettier than the other. I'll try to get pics soon of the more colorful ones. I hear they're really easy to frag too. They are very sticky & will eat weak fish that land on them.

Pufferpunk

Too bad Uberfrags backed out of the swap. I heard they were bringing some. I think I'll try fragging mine.

Lmecher

Flow is also extremely important. I put the cut minis in a slotted soap dish that attaches with suction cups and point a koralia at them. They slime a lot, the slime attracts bacteria that if left to build up, will cause an infection and they'll dissolve. After cutting, let them sit in a container of tank water for about 10 minutes. They will stop slimming at this point can put them back in your tank. Only cut in half, they heal much faster and never had losses. It is nerve wracking to cut expensive ones so start with a plainer one and see how it goes.

Lmecher

The little minis about a week in the dish. Maxi minis take a bit longer, 2-3 weeks.
I am hoping to come to the swap, if all goes as planned.

Your maxi mini is beautiful btw. :)

Lmecher

I no longer have any of the mini clustered together on the rock in the 1st photo. Like we sometimes do I messed with a good thing. I upgraded to a larger tank and lost them. My 15 mini tank was just perfect, they multiplied like tribbles.
I need to start propagating them again. I don't have any I am willing to trade at this time. I have lost my momentum with the mini carpets and focus too much on my octopuses.
The family is going through a challenging time. My mother (in Florida) has brain cancer. They tried but could not remove the entire tumor. She will begin radiation and chemo soon. I worry I may have drop everything and jump on a plane. I am just not sure I want to start another project right now.

I am surprised to see these becoming so popular locally. I got most of mine from the west coast. I saw quite a few at Living Sea a few weeks ago. Nice to see the price is coming down, they used to be $$outrageous!