MiniBow 1 Office "Tank" (how many tangs will fit?)

jayjigga

Thanks guys! I thought this would be more of a joke, but I am actually pretty excited to get a few little "Skrimps" (for Walt) in there. I have always been a fan of the cherries, but have never kept a FW shrimp. This should be fun!
I've done, so use me for w/e questions you may have. Skrimps...haha.
Oh, but if you like the shrimp, don't go betta; that's just an expensive meal for it.

tinman

I might have to try some shrimp. I would have thought they were more sensitive than fish. Where the heck do you get those though. Standard LFS and box stores never seem to have FW inverts other than snails.
i know of a guy little south of downtown chicago

he is like have almost all the premium shrimp varieties ...those are amazing

tinman

I might have to try some shrimp. I would have thought they were more sensitive than fish. Where the heck do you get those though. Standard LFS and box stores never seem to have FW inverts other than snails.
also new fish have some red cherry shrimp :)

Herbie

Banned
I've done, so use me for w/e questions you may have. Skrimps...haha.
Oh, but if you like the shrimp, don't go betta; that's just an expensive meal for it.
thanks. I would have done that too. I'll let these guppies go for a few days and then add some shrimp if everything is going well. The gravel and water came from my home system, so I should be ok on pro-biotics.

I'f I can't find the shrimp I'll hit you up Jay. thanks for the guidance everyone.

AC20 or AC30 filter modded with floss and chemi pure elite. Two cree LED's, RB and NW, running off an DC adapter capable of 1A. Use potentiometer to dial in the voltage. Two mushroom and some zoa's. One or cerith snails. One porcelain crab. Done. 1L Aquafina bottle for water changes.

Jep21

AC20 or AC30 filter modded with floss and chemi pure elite. Two cree LED's, RB and NW, running off an DC adapter capable of 1A. Use potentiometer to dial in the voltage. Two mushroom and some zoa's. One or cerith snails. One porcelain crab. Done. 1L Aquafina bottle for water changes.
like this idea

I need to proofread more lol.

You can get a heatsink from any old computer video card or cpu. Just need enough space for two quarters. Not sure if you would need a heater. Pump motor might be enough.

Herbie

Banned
how much would you charge me to make this magical device Todd? I have an computer) I really like the idea of LEDs in here. The lightbulb is WEAK. Once step at a time you ruthless enablers. . .

I have power supplies from work so they will be perfect. Need to use ohm's law to figure out the voltage drop needed to lower the voltage to the sum of the LED's forward voltage so that's get you 100%. Then a potentiometer to make it dimmable. It's ghetto but maybe like $15 in parts? I gotta leave to see if this baby is coming today or what lol.

jayjigga

how much would you charge me to make this magical device Todd? I have an computer) I really like the idea of LEDs in here. The lightbulb is WEAK. Once step at a time you ruthless enablers. . .
I have power supplies from work so they will be perfect. Need to use ohm's law to figure out the voltage drop needed to lower the voltage to the sum of the LED's forward voltage so that's get you 100%. Then a potentiometer to make it dimmable. It's ghetto but maybe like $15 in parts? I gotta leave to see if this baby is coming today or what lol.
You're a bad influence Todd...I probably have enough spare leds for this project, and a pot...I think we can get it done, but you were going FW remember?

Herbie

Banned
I would do SW, but I really can't have any more equipment exposed so HOB won't work. I really like LED just to get a brighter light and SW will be something I will look into in the future. The light on here is a weak yellow at best, but there is tons of room for a retro.
View attachment 5787

Jep21

I would do SW, but I really can't have any more equipment exposed so HOB won't work. I really like LED just to get a brighter light and SW will be something I will look into in the future. The light on here is a weak yellow at best, but there is tons of room for a retro.
View attachment 5787
you can still do salt water without a hob fuge u can just change out that filter thing and put a filer floss and just make sure your on top of your water changes....

Herbie

Banned
well, probably want to go BB then and use as much LR as I can get in there. I'm such a sucker for peer pressure when it makes me do something I wanted to do anyway. I'm definitely going to need someone to help with the lights though. This thing could be really cool with just a couple little organisms in it. The litle filter would actually hold a little chemi-pure just as it is. There are filter cartridges for it, but anything would fit in the same place. . .