Miracle Mud: Is it worth it????

Rcunning8

Premium member
Hey guys,

Hoping to get some comments and experience from those of you who have or still use miracle mud. I am moving the tank in a few weeks and I thought it to be an ideal time to add this to my refugium as from what I have read online and seen on youtube its great stuff, helps with colors, growth and polyp extension and also reported cases of helping with fish immunity in that the minerals it releases get taken up by the microalgae that grows in the DT which in turn get eaten by my fishes which helps with their immune supplementation with vital minerals. with the size of my tank the miracle mud recommended is 20 pounds and after applying the fifteen percent off code at drs foster and smith the total bill comes out to 130 and due to the high price of the product I don't want to go buying the mud all willy nilly so I thought Id hear from what you guys have to say! Thanks!

Ryan

I've used it in the past. I had a very successful system at the time, crashed only because of over treating everything for AEFW. I can't say if it helped or not, but It didn't hurt. I think it was a piece to the puzzle and may try it again, but I never used as much as recommended. I wish I had a better answer for you, but it's one of those things that's hard to quantify.

Duc1098

Short answer... no. I've built two setups, one with and one without. Can't say I've seen a difference.

carpetreef75

Premium member
Hey guys,

Hoping to get some comments and experience from those of you who have or still use miracle mud. I am moving the tank in a few weeks and I thought it to be an ideal time to add this to my refugium as from what I have read online and seen on youtube its great stuff, helps with colors, growth and polyp extension and also reported cases of helping with fish immunity in that the minerals it releases get taken up by the microalgae that grows in the DT which in turn get eaten by my fishes which helps with their immune supplementation with vital minerals. with the size of my tank the miracle mud recommended is 20 pounds and after applying the fifteen percent off code at drs foster and smith the total bill comes out to 130 and due to the high price of the product I don't want to go buying the mud all willy nilly so I thought Id hear from what you guys have to say! Thanks!

Ryan
have used it in the refugium and still using it and has done everything they claim . Ryan price seems steep for your application theres a guy in Fl thats very reasonable and ships to our area if your still contemplating can send you his info
Bryan

madjoe

Premium member
Ive used it corals loved it . It did make a mess and clouded tank but the instnt pe was amazing . U do gotta top it of every so often . So it does work but not nessary imo