Mixing angels

frostyjay1

I browsed through the topics and didnt see anything related to this. I have a cherub angel now in my bio-cube. He has been with me for a while and I have no plans on getting rid of him. I am in the middle of a new build and with the larger tank, want to get a couple other fish. I really am interested in getting a flame angel, and wanted to know if they are going to be aggressive to each other if I do. I am still on the fence with the flame because its a reef tank. If its not doable then oh well, makes my decision easier. Just wanted to know your input. Thanks

DB9181

any angel is 50/50 hit or miss in regards to reefsafe - your best chance to have two get along is adding them (similar size) at the same time to the DT.

ColaAddict

see if you can find that youtube video on Copps reef tank. he loves angels and has a bunch of them. he provides tips and talks about his views on angelfish in reef tank and mixing them up.

MMreef

How big is your upgrade going to be? You can mix dwarf angels in bigger tanks, but there is always possibility of aggression. Best to introduce them together before one can claim its territory. Most angels are 50/50 when it comes to be reef safe, even model citizen one day might turn and terrorize your corals. Keep them well fed and you have better chance.

frostyjay1

How big is your upgrade going to be? You can mix dwarf angels in bigger tanks, but there is always possibility of aggression. Best to introduce them together before one can claim its territory. Most angels are 50/50 when it comes to be reef safe, even model citizen one day might turn and terrorize your corals. Keep them well fed and you have better chance.
its only going to be a 40b, which is why is was a little more concerned. I love my cherub angel and am not willing to give him up. I will have to wait for my next tank then for the flame. thanks for the input guys

MMreef

40b IMO will be too small for those two, you might not see your cherub out, flame will be more aggressive. I would wait for bigger tank. I know some people try to do it in small tanks like this, usually end up selling one angel shortly after.

frostyjay1

I kinda figured on that too. Mostly why I went to the community for feedback vs. a LFS that just wants to sell the $50 fish.
40b IMO will be too small for those two, you might not see your cherub out, flame will be more aggressive. I would wait for bigger tank. I know some people try to do it in small tanks like this, usually end up selling one angel shortly after.

I have 75 reef and cherub in it I'm planning put flame also my plan is to get aclimatization box and put flame for a week or so in there hope they will be good to live together I read someone had 6 of those small angels in 75

Sent from my SGH-T839 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

theboy

Ive got a bi-color, eibil, and keyhole in my 90 with no problems. Had a Potters with them for a while until he got bubble eye from dragging his face across a rock. My bi-color was first, then a month later the potters, then 2-3months later the eibil and keyhole. Havent had any fights as of yet but I could be getting lucky.