Mj terrium part 3

madjoe

Premium member
Ok maybe third time is the charm. First two werent perfect then i shattered the second one trying to correct my wrong doings lol oops so this is my third and final try this time acrylic tank and was already drilled and came with ehiem canister filter that i hope works lol. So far i changed the drain to a hydrophonics drain system mounted some my mistking heads mounted my reefkeeper lite for light and misting control . So the canister filter should be my water fall plus filtration thats the plan at least.

Last edited:

madjoe

Premium member
So josh any ideas to toss in i want this one to be perfecto. I have bamboo and some drift wood i was going to do cement again for water fall would love to make this one planted eventually plants r hard to come by in this weather lol.

madjoe

Premium member
did you decide on the species you want?
I already have frogs few different kind i kinda shattered the last cage so this is there new home picked up two of these tanks yesterday. I have tomato frog two fire toads and two tree frogs and a salamander

jrpark22000

Premium member
it's hard to say withouth researching each of the species. The tree frogs I know well enough, but the other species are an unknown to me. Anymore I've given up on cocoa fiber over silicon. The cocoa always flakes off.

I like manzanita wood as it's very dense. Otherwise cork bark is my new background fav.

madjoe

Premium member
it's hard to say withouth researching each of the species. The tree frogs I know well enough, but the other species are an unknown to me. Anymore I've given up on cocoa fiber over silicon. The cocoa always flakes off.

I like manzanita wood as it's very dense. Otherwise cork bark is my new background fav.
Yea tree frogs r what instruggle with honestly the others would saty alive in a toliet they could care less as long as u give em crickets. I agree coconut fiber wears off quick hence the reason ive been doing cement

madjoe

Premium member
Well had little bit of time in between rebuilding wifes truck and cooking thanksgiving dinner got water fall cemented and clear coated and i buffed the tank was full of scratches. Bottom still scratched but wont see it any ways will have the drainballs and moss. Gonna get some cork to frame around the water fall see if i can find some plants

DJE

Looks good Joe. Makes me want to have one.....maybe;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Well got new zet light for tank and frogs are all in picked up a pair of red eye tree frogs today. Moss and plants r ordered should be here this week

madjoe

Premium member
Spent last two hrs trying to figure out a fan system for air flow took some mcgyvering but got it done tell u what dont get your fingers in them i know they cut lol first hand . I have they sucking the air out i didnt think blowing in on em was smart.

RicoReef

Hey Joe are they the red eyes hard to keep ? And ware could i find some ?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

madjoe

Premium member
Hey Joe are they the red eyes hard to keep ? And ware could i find some ?

Idk yet i had some before they did good then died but i think my day gecko killed em found out he kills everyone so they r separate now only frogs in this tank will be building another for the day gecko. I paid 35$ a piece at the all animal expo in dupage county fairgrounds its every 1st sat and 3rd sunday

madjoe

Premium member
Man tomato frogs r flippen loud . Apparently by building the vivarium we created rainy season which promoted breeding season now he wont shut up lol

madjoe

Premium member
Ok josh so the tank runs at 76 degrees and 70 percent humidity but thats without fans on and misting so at that rate the fans or misting will never turn on unless i use it as multitimer instead of controller or i can add a heat lamp that way the fan can kick on and circulate air and dry out in between sprayings

RicoReef

Hey sup joe what did you use as rock texture ? Is it just cement and what paint did you use ? Want to build the kid a nice gecko tank want it to be as realistic as can be will appreciate your help

jrpark22000

Premium member
Ok josh so the tank runs at 76 degrees and 70 percent humidity but thats without fans on and misting so at that rate the fans or misting will never turn on unless i use it as multitimer instead of controller or i can add a heat lamp that way the fan can kick on and circulate air and dry out in between sprayings
that's why I've an apex on the frog tanks. I use it to kick the fans on regularly. Adding both water and air temp probes allow for independant control of cooling fans and heating of water/air. I wish there was a better option than to run an apex, but it's the best I came up with.

madjoe

Premium member
Quick crete . Then used acrylic based paint and clear coated it all with spray can clear coat uv resistant google on you tube it will give u all types of ideas

- - - Updated - - -

that's why I've an apex on the frog tanks. I use it to kick the fans on regularly. Adding both water and air temp probes allow for independant control of cooling fans and heating of water/air. I wish there was a better option than to run an apex, but it's the best I came up with.
Yea seems like i got it situated now