Monti HELP

brettz16

So i recently optioned this beautiful monitor and it was doing great until about a week ago when it started showing a brown spot near the base. I checked for parasites and worms but didn't see any. I could be a flow issue considering its "bowl" shaped and maybe theres not much getting down there.

However I have 600gph of head from return and two MP10's on %100 NTM.

All other sps are doing great

Cal 420
Mag ?
Alk 7.8
Ph 7.95- 8.15
temp 79.5

Lighting - Gamma( all bulbs <4 months old
weekly 10g WC's

View attachment 14890View attachment 14891View attachment 14892

jm23

What kind of Monti is that? It looks more like some type of chalice or pagoda cup...Anyway blow it off if there is any build up. I do that with my monti caps every now and then and there is always crud to be blown off. Otherwise if everything else is doing well it could possible be some predator that is attacking it, but my bet would be on flow.

jayjigga

What kind of Monti is that? It looks more like some type of chalice or pagoda cup...Anyway blow it off if there is any build up. I do that with my monti caps every now and then and there is always crud to be blown off. Otherwise if everything else is doing well it could possible be some predator that is attacking it, but my bet would be on flow.
That's what I was going to say! Like a scroll or something, not a monti...I didn't wanna be the only one saying it, but I'll jump on the bandwagon now :)

brettz16

Yup sorry, i meant chalice. Thanks. I will keep looking for predators, but I think it might be more of a flow issue.

Tank2379

If it's a Chalic they don't like too much light especially if they are right under LED's, try moving it to a shaded part of the tank if possible