Moonlights way too strong?

Nxt

Is is possible for moonlights to be too strong?

I have the Coralife Lunar T5 quad setup, at night when my LEDs are on, a few of my corals do not close all the way, they seem to stay open all night.

Mostly zoo and hammer coral.

Is this ok?

Herbie

Banned
I have a question about this as well. The NC28 just has 2 starlight leds and the vague instructions say to leave them on all the time. Late at night when I look at the tank it seems super bright and I've noticed my clowns hide in shadows. One always stays under my return duckbill and the other hides under the MP10 wetside. Granted, on the reef there is rarely pitch black, but I am wondering if the starlight may also be adding to algae growth to some degree. What is the consensus on a preiod of full black at night? I've thought about putting some sort of filter on the leds because they truly light my whole basement with light you can read by. My corals don't have any sort of consensus in being open or closed, they all seem to have their own schedule.
oh, and my frogspawn ONLY closes if it gets touched. If they're supposed to close, then it's the lights.

jayjigga

On one of my tanks, I let the moonlight stay on untill the MH's kick back on. Are you running them throughout the night too, or is there a time when it's completely off? My next build will have some rest period for sure, but ATM, I'm too lazy to change it :p

mr_z

Thats how my 12gl nano is also i had two led moonlights and ended up taking one off and one is really enough for the tank. And my polyps and all stay open while its on.

Nxt

On one of my tanks, I let the moonlight stay on untill the MH's kick back on. Are you running them throughout the night too, or is there a time when it's completely off? My next build will have some rest period for sure, but ATM, I'm too lazy to change it :p
Mine run all night. Thinking of switching it to run for a few hours at night then have some blackout time.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-2