Moving a tank question

superchargedgp

So im replacing my sump in my stand. The problem im having is that the new sump will not spin inside of the stand. So i have to put it in through the back of the stand. If i drain 90 percent of the water from the tank, leave the rock, corals and sand in it, move the tank and stand at the same time away from the wall, slide in new sump and then move the tank back to the wall will it put a stress on the tank itself? Its a 60 gallon cube by the way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mjl714

As long as you remove enough weight, keep the tank supported really well, and move it slowly, I think you’ll be fine.

superchargedgp

I have 2 options.
Move it and have the sump this way

Or put it this way and don’t have much visual on the equipment but not have to move the tank

Sawdonkey

Premium member
Drained 90%, you should be able to slide it out by yourself, no problem. I’d do it myself. I’d first lift it up and stick a towel under it so you don’t scratch your floor.

You’ll be happy you did in the long run.

Mjl714

I’d move it, i would not like the sump in sideways. It would drive me crazy trying to see and work in there.

superchargedgp

My only concern with it facing me is that once i put it in there by moving the tank back. I will never be able to take it back out if i need to without draining the tank

superchargedgp

So i decided to put it sideways. Just incase it has to come out for service. Had to redo all the plumbing

Wires still need to get organized

But i like the easy filter sock access

Thats it for the night myself and my helper are beat