MP10 Noisey??

Emisis

Is your MP10 noisy? Is it out of Warranty? Not wanting to buy a dry side?

Do you have a little bit of patience? A few tools?

THEN FIX THE NOISY THING!!!!!!!!!

Before:: (click picture for video)

[URL=http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx203/Howdy2u2/?action=view&current=MP10Before.mp4][/URL]

After:: (ignore the end when I hold the wet side over it LOL) (click picture for video)

[URL=http://s756.photobucket.com/albums/xx203/Howdy2u2/?action=view&current=MP10After.mp4][/URL]

There are several places on-line with the procedure to do this. Search it out if your wanting to attempt it. My cost was $15 in bearings (shipped) but since I ordered them I found another place that will special order them for you for $4 each. RCbearings.com (no clue as to how much for shipping though. " $3.97 for a stainless SMR687ZZ"

It took me around 45 mins to replace them including the 30 mins to place the armature in the freezer to make the bearing removal easier.

I saved ~$90 doing this instead of buying a new dry side. There are "ceramic" bearings available too............those are $35/ bearing though.

Emisis

UPDATE:

OK, so a month in.............the cheapo bearings started to growl AGAIN (not as bad as the "original" was doing BUT)..........lesson learned as usual...." You get what you pay for"......SO, after much research and finding out what the "original" bearings consist of (meaning "type" of bearing) I searched and contacted some bearing manufacturers through E-mail. I had one company reply with a suggested bearing comparable to the originals. I purchased a pair of them and replaced them today. I have to "break" them in and let them seat nicely to see if I have success or not. They are much quieter than the last set when first installed so I might be on to the absolute "replacement" bearing number for a MP10. I will update again in a few days (If I remember) to let folks know the source for these bearings I am using.

rosko23

UPDATE:

OK, so a month in.............the cheapo bearings started to growl AGAIN (not as bad as the "original" was doing BUT)..........lesson learned as usual...." You get what you pay for"......SO, after much research and finding out what the "original" bearings consist of (meaning "type" of bearing) I searched and contacted some bearing manufacturers through E-mail. I had one company reply with a suggested bearing comparable to the originals. I purchased a pair of them and replaced them today. I have to "break" them in and let them seat nicely to see if I have success or not. They are much quieter than the last set when first installed so I might be on to the absolute "replacement" bearing number for a MP10. I will update again in a few days (If I remember) to let folks know the source for these bearings I am using.
Stupid mp10s... Y not just put the good ones in direct... And include a 2nd pair. Especially since this is the main issue with mp10s

Emisis

Stupid mp10s... Y not just put the good ones in direct... And include a 2nd pair. Especially since this is the main issue with mp10s
Because then they (Ecotech) couldn't sell you a dry side for a $110.00 plus shipping for a $24.00 set of bearings with free shipping!!!

Emisis

Well, update of sorts......... I screwed up the bearing install, ceramic bearings apparently do not like to be tapped on the outer race to install LOL (I know better) Anyway, long story short I screwed one bearing up and had to re-order. Fail on my part!!! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!!!! (Until the cost exceeds the price of a new dry side)

rosko23

Well, update of sorts......... I screwed up the bearing install, ceramic bearings apparently do not like to be tapped on the outer race to install LOL (I know better) Anyway, long story short I screwed one bearing up and had to re-order. Fail on my part!!! I WILL NOT BE DEFEATED!!!!!! (Until the cost exceeds the price of a new dry side)
Haha