Mp10s or 40s on softer plastic

ptw205

Anyone use an mp10 or 40 mounted on a softer plastic - I a brute can - for a long duration? If so, issues? I am setting an auto changing system and was going to use some old MPs for the salt mixing station

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishyfish22

Premium member
I think for mp40s you have issues if it's too thin. That's why you can adjust the thickness of the glass with the rubber border.

I think they come with spacers as well, and the thickest one let's you run it on glass less than 1/4"

CF2

Why waste a Vortech to mix water? None of the features are going to be of use. I would just get a cheap regular submersible pump for mixing.

fishyfish22

Premium member
Why waste a Vortech to mix water? None of the features are going to be of use. I would just get a cheap regular submersible pump for mixing.
I mean at least it's being used? I'd call it wasted if it was sitting in a box not doing anything.

ptw205

It’s an old mp that wouldn’t otherwise be used. They keep stalling when mounted on the brute in any event.

#theMatrix

It’s an old mp that wouldn’t otherwise be used. They keep stalling when mounted on the brute in any event.

I think there's a method to reset the magnet on the dry side. A search on resetting the dry side will yield some results on it stalling or sieze causing stop