mp40 question

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I would think 4 would be overkill. you could do 2 mp40's on the sides and 2 mp10's on the back.

Tethered_Limbs

i have 2 40's in my 75, they have to be at pretty much 0% all the time cuz my clam, still moves more water than regular P/H's on a good day

RedDevil.258

Well if you get 4 and you only use 2 you still have 2 to use later. IMO I would save the cash and use it on livestock. Great pumps you will not be disappointed.

FishBeard

If price is not an issue add more 40's and dial them down. Wider flow, better undertow and turned down will produce much less noise and dry side heat/wear than cranking up the 10's to get equal flow.

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Why not just upgrade to a bigger model (MP60) and sell the ones you have? I thought 2 MP40 was good for a 5ft tank :confused:

Lil BamBam

Premium member
What are you trying to accomplish? Im not sure why you need more power vs what you have right now if ran at 100%..

IMO, save the money and by some SPS down the road ;)

javiersito91

more flow lol i know u need crazy flow for sps i mean right now water moves like crazy but tought i needed more and with the 220 upgrade coming soon

FishBeard

I don't find it so crazy, I ran 2 mp40's on my 24" cube for SPS and had them cranked up to the point the didn't blow the sand all around.

gig

I think 4X MP60's will do the trick :)

seriously, save the money, maybe add one MP40 to the back glass, then you can get a gyre going with the 3 working in concert.