MP40QD Schedule

Vapour1ze

Hi all, so I just got my first MP40QD after 10 years in the hobby... I am running it on Reef Crest at 55% 24 hours....

I have a reef link and have the ability to program schedules etc and different modes throughout the day... Does anyone do this or do most of you run one mode a day?

Just curious if anyone had a schedule they'd be interested in sharing.

I have a SPS, Gig, Zoos, few lps.

Thanks!

Lonelyreef

How do you like the qd40 I have been trying to decide on what kind of pump to get for my new little tank I don't like how narrow the flow pattern is on the mp10 though so was thinking about 1 mp40qd

Tonyssrx

Premium member
How do you like the qd40 I have been trying to decide on what kind of pump to get for my new little tank I don't like how narrow the flow pattern is on the mp10 though so was thinking about 1 mp40qd
Hey I thought you were a big Gyre fan :sparta-lol: jk Tom ;)

Lonelyreef

I am but my new tank is way to small for that thing I'd have waves going over the damn edges of my tank lol

tmb22

Not OP, but I recently got the MP40QD wet side (normal MP40 driver) because the old wet side was getting really noisy. The QD is really quiet, and maybe it's just me, but I've noticed significant increase in flow. The flow is wider and stronger. I don't think I'll get the new driver though. Not really worth the money to me.

Hi all, so I just got my first MP40QD after 10 years in the hobby... I am running it on Reef Crest at 55% 24 hours....

I have a reef link and have the ability to program schedules etc and different modes throughout the day... Does anyone do this or do most of you run one mode a day?

Just curious if anyone had a schedule they'd be interested in sharing.

I have a SPS, Gig, Zoos, few lps.

Thanks!
I generally run reef crest at 100% 24/7. I don't have the ability to run different modes automatically throughout the day, but I might if I did. I'd probably try reef crest for 18 hours, and a wave mode for 6 hours. Reef crest is probably the best mode for SPS, but I'd like to throw in a wave mode to get some settled detritus into suspension.

Joe5688

Not OP, but I recently got the MP40QD wet side (normal MP40 driver) because the old wet side was getting really noisy. The QD is really quiet, and maybe it's just me, but I've noticed significant increase in flow. The flow is wider and stronger. I don't think I'll get the new driver though. Not really worth the money to me.

I generally run reef crest at 100% 24/7. I don't have the ability to run different modes automatically throughout the day, but I might if I did. I'd probably try reef crest for 18 hours, and a wave mode for 6 hours. Reef crest is probably the best mode for SPS, but I'd like to throw in a wave mode to get some settled detritus into suspension.
Where did u find the mp40qd wet side? My wet side went out not long ago because of a stupid snail and I wanted to upgrade but couldn't find it