Mp40's

javiersito91

So i already got my second mp40 and man does the wave efects look nice so far all corals love itu so im thinking of adding another mp40 or an mp10 what you guys think?

Tank dimmensions are 60Lx18Wx22T
planing on going full sps so i know i need great flow

gig

I've considered getting a 3rd for the back glass of my 180G, ecotech says that the mp10 is perfect for that type of application, however, I'm not sure the mp10's will work with the glass thickness of a AGA 180 tank.

lunacris

I run two 40 &2 10 on my 210 I have them all linked together the 40 are on the ends of tank and the.10 are both on back wall I moved my tree returns to the back wall on left and right.of overflow .it works great

Spoofer

i've had one mp40 for the last two years but i'd really like a 2nd mp40, anyone know the best place price wise to grab one...i've looked used but tough to come by.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
i've had one mp40 for the last two years but i'd really like a 2nd mp40, anyone know the best place price wise to grab one...i've looked used but tough to come by.
My understanding is that Ecotech mandates that ALL retailers must sell them for the same price. So, if you can't find a used one you should only need to call up any lfs who sells them.

FishBeard

My understanding is that Ecotech mandates that ALL retailers must sell them for the same price. So, if you can't find a used one you should only need to call up any lfs who sells them.
All Retailers must publish and advertise the mandated price, not sell them for that price. If you have a good "in" with a vendor or wholesaler that can order them, you can usually save a little cash "under the table". Nobody selling them for $485 new is buying them for that price... Stores aren't in business to NOT make money.

But yes, patience and good timing will get you used ones for great prices. Just don't hesitate to pull the trigger when they pop up, they sell FAST!

SkullV

I got an MP40wES at wholesale when I set up the 75, I assure you that stores are NOT making a lot of money on them.

lunacris

i noticed that having them on the back wall does add alot more flow from different angles obviously i like it and i know you can save on the sales tax like i did buying new

lunacris

this is the only shot i have that only shows three but theres one on the right side of the tank just below that white frag rack then on the left is the other mp40 between the overflows i have two mp 10 the white return pipe on the right overflow now comes from the right side of overflow or out side all the wires and drivers are wired to the door of my stand

gig

Champion lighting you can get the mp10w es 285 shipped and the 40 for 465 shipped right now

lunacris

I drilled the rock a few days ago thanks and the right pump is master.the.other pumps.are set to ecosmart that's how ok have it set up for now. it will change.I'm sure but everything seems to be living the flow