Mp40's

Emisis

So I stepped up to the plate and purchased a pair of Mp40's for my aquarium. (Thanks Dave @ Aquapros) Ive never seen them in person, only in videos and such. Flow wise.... well holy smokes to say the least!! Options..endless causing confusion with the livestock. Noise...well...interesting....the "whirring" I can understand, I have a vibration in one of the 2 that no matter how I "slightly" adjust it just doesn't go away. For those who have these is it possible to get this to go away? or do I keep moving it until it is "better"? Do they just need "break in" time?

I have them currently set up on Reef crest/ anti sync @40% max speed. I did play with all the settings including the wave functions but the sound they make reminds me of an old washing machine chugging back and forth.

TIA,

Emisis

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I was able to adjust mine to get the rattling sound to go away. I found it easiest to adjust by putting it on "green" and cranking it up to 100%.

Greg

Make sure you have it on the correct spacing for tank thickness. When I first purchased I figured I would just put it for the thickest glass to make it stick more. Well, the dry size/wet side are designed to be a certain distance apart, so its actually quieter if you use the correct spacing for the tank thickness. Learned this trial and error with my 2 MP40s. :p

There should be a slight hum, but you shouldnt hear it rattle/vibrate
When you were adjusting it, did you put it on Green (linear flow) 90-100% and adjust until it was silent? If you had it on 10% when you were adjusting positions, you are almost guaranteed to have a ton of vibration when it ramps up.
Sometimes you have to do this more than once. I have had it where it was silent at 90%, but when I turned it down, everything else rattled. I did it all over again and it didnt rattle anymore.

Mine are only audible once they reach 70-80% (run on 80% reef crest), at 40% you should not be hearing a vibration.

There is a break in time. Some say its only 1-2 days to a week. Mine were quiet from the start (did take 15-20min of adjusting to get them perfect though).

I would continue to try adjusting it.

FishBeard

I was able to adjust mine to get the rattling sound to go away. I found it easiest to adjust by putting it on "green" and cranking it up to 100%.
Agreed, constant mode, 100% power is the best way to do initial line-up. Get it as best you can and give it about a week. Brand new ones have a tendency to be a little tight still and need to wear in a little bit. Should be fine in a week or so. If not, Ecotech customer support is excellent and they will take care of you.

Emisis

Well after reading the full instruction manual.......you folks are correct 100% and adjust. HOLY MONSOON!!!! I adjusted 1 so far and have to let things settle down until tomorrow for the other. Thanks for the input