Mp's

javiersito91

Hey guys just wanted to know all yous that own mp's what mode do yous keep it on and why? Just trying to see whats the best mode to keep it on i currently use the short pulse mode

FishBeard

I had a sole mp20 on the side of my cube and ran it at 100% power in reef crest mode. Was doing a good enough job to replace a pair of koralia evo's. I just added a 2nd pump. Now have a 40wES on the side, and the 20 on the back, opposite of the 40. The 40 is in nutrient at 70%, the 20 in Reef Crest at about 50-60%. The flow is nuts and the sps all seem to be loving it. I couldn't imagine this much flow being good for softies and stringy Lps, but my last acan doesn't seem to mind.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I have a single mp40 on my 90G. I have about a 1-1.5" standing wave in short pulse mode which provides plenty of flow for my sps on the top half of the tank. I keep it about 5" from the surface so it doesn't blast my stringy lps on the sandbed.

FishBeard

I have a single mp40 on my 90G. I have about a 1-1.5" standing wave in short pulse mode which provides plenty of flow for my sps on the top half of the tank. I keep it about 5" from the surface so it doesn't blast my stringy lps on the sandbed.
Have you run in reef crest or lagoon modes? The short pulse wave is neat, but my sps LOVE the more natural randomness of the smart modes.

MMreef

I have 2 MP40 run at 100% on reef crest mode.When I get home from work I switch for couple of hours to nutrient transport mode.

BigKev23

Run my 2 MP10's at 100% on Reef Crest mode most of the time. Sometimes I switch it up and run Tidal Swell mode to blast the SPS for a while.

Herbie

Banned
After playing with my brand new MP10 last night for about 3 hours I settled on reef crest at about 80%. It seemed more natural and I think the slight hum of the dry side is less noticable when it lacks a pattern.

jcarlilesiu

I run my 2 MP40s in random mode which switches between lagoon and reef crest at 100% maximum output and synced. I am starting to think that it would be better to remove the slave/master agreement and run them both on random for maximum randomness. Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC android on tapatalk

FishBeard

I run my 2 MP40s in random mode which switches between lagoon and reef crest at 100% maximum output and synced. I am starting to think that it would be better to remove the slave/master agreement and run them both on random for maximum randomness. Thoughts?

Sent from my HTC android on tapatalk
Thats how I have my 2 pumps running right now since the mp20 has no wireless capability. All my sps seem happy with it. The helfrichi isnt too pleased right now however... Once I do upgrade the 20, I plan to anti-sync in reef crest around 60% on both to calm things down a bit without giving up too much flow and see if my corals like it.

SkullV

I run my pair of MP40s at around 90% in Nutrient Transport Mode (combo of short pulse and constant) at all times. Reef Crest spends WAY too much time below 50%

Tethered_Limbs

i have 2 40's on a 75 in long pulse mode. gives a nice back n forth. they are only on bout 30% each n its too much for my clam. but everything else loves it

Lil BamBam

Premium member
Might have to see your tank soon.. Just can't understand why have 2 vs 1.. But don't want to get off track with the thread :rolleyes:

SkullV

LOL!!! Wouldn't that be the same if it bounces back from the wall of the other side?
MP40s have an effective stream distance of 3' (MP10 is around 30"). Not an issue in FishBeard's 2' cube but in a 4' tank you really need 2 to get full flow in both ends of the tank.

SkullV

For an SPS tank? I would do 2 MP40s. For LPS/Softies and maybe a frag or 2 an MP40 and MP10 would be fine.