Mr Clean Magic Eraser

skjohn98

When I went down to Indy for the INDMAS frag swap they gave away a goodie bag, in that bag there was what appeared to be Mr Clean Magic eraser.
I have heard that some people have used them to clean freash water tanks, but clean they be used in a reef tank?????
John

madjoe

Premium member
Ive used em for few yrs now in my sps reef no issues i use only the mr clean brand and inly the original

ultimatemj

Same as madjoe - I use mr.clean original - particularly helpful with acrylic tanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bommie

WAIT! am I understanding this right, you guys are using the mr.clean to clean the inside of the aquarium?

zportell

Thought of the day... Slicing the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser into sheets and still use the mag float to pull it around.. Hands stay dry and it effectively cleans your glass. Anyone do this already?

madjoe

Premium member
Thought of the day... Slicing the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser into sheets and still use the mag float to pull it around.. Hands stay dry and it effectively cleans your glass. Anyone do this already?
I wouldnt leave in tank if thats your thought it does break down plus your fish will try to eat and get backed up lol. I never tried it personally i just do it by hand once a week its only a 75gallon and i only clean 2 sides so dont take me long lol

madjoe

Premium member
They have used a scotch bright product on acrylic its the sponge thats wrapped with the plastic scrubbing bag they cut sponge out and put there magnet cleaner in place of sponge works pretty good also a specific one that i dont recall of top of my head right now