Mushroom b*stards

dfee

Premium member
I have to remove these things from my back wall. If I use a razor blade, there’s no way I’m not gonna create millions of pieces of it and they’re gonna start growing from every rock crevice, right?? Is scraping them up then replacing all my live rock the only option?

Ps, i already removed like 50 of em this way. I’m screwed right? God I hate these things!!!

Also, it’s a mixed tank, so I cant have any coral eating animals in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never removed mushrooms specifically but I have removed other soft corals from my back wall such as Xenia and GSP. Just make sure the razor blade is tight to the glass. It should slide right underneath the mushrooms foot and remove it in one piece.

bryman

They aren't like aptasia so spread should be minimal to none if you can remove all the pieces.

Ageno

Premium member
I have to remove these things from my back wall. If I use a razor blade, there’s no way I’m not gonna create millions of pieces of it and they’re gonna start growing from every rock crevice, right?? Is scraping them up then replacing all my live rock the only option?

Ps, i already removed like 50 of em this way. I’m screwed right? God I hate these things!!!

Also, it’s a mixed tank, so I cant have any coral eating animals in there.

I've blasted unwanted mushrooms with a powerhead until they released, scooped them up and gave them away. lol. I didnt have any luck with slicing them off; couldn't always get all of it and they would come back.

dfee

Premium member
Yep. Sorry about delay. It worked well. Used razor against glass. I don’t see too many popping up. Just going to sell the ones on live rock if anyone wants to look at the for sale thread.

I moved all live rock and coral without mushrooms to right side of tank. Anything with a mushroom I kept to the left and am going to sell.