Musky!

mr_z

I have a fishing thread in the lounge about setting up a small fishing meet at a local lake. My dad went a few days ago with my brother and they caught some Muskies all between 20-27" out towards starved rock with some dough balls they got from some fisherman that where there and some sweet corn. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishBeard

We catch muskie up on the Wisconsin River, using walleye rig tied up to truss bridges. It is fun trying to bring in a 30+ lb fish on 8# test line! LOL

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
I have a fishing thread in the lounge about setting up a small fishing meet at a local lake. My dad went a few days ago with my brother and they caught some Muskies all between 20-27" out towards starved rock with some dough balls they got from some fisherman that where there and some sweet corn. :)

I hope they threw those babies back :)

jfuka78

I go to boulder junction for muskies. I hear the chain and down in southern il are good by lake kincaid

mr_z

They kept a 27" and a 26" and some carp and catfish they got.

I'm also wanting to know if anyone here knows how to make these dough balls. I heard of cornmeal with red jello and sugar. Anything else!!!? Or any personal recipes

FishBeard

I go to boulder junction for muskies. I hear the chain and down in southern il are good by lake kincaid
Dairyman's or just the public waters out there? My dad has a cousin thru marriage who's family are members at the Dairyman's. Amazing experience, but $$$$$ to spend a week if you are just guests visiting. After the third year in a row there the guest rates just got too ridiculous and we stopped making an annual trip of it. :sad:

mlreef

All I have to say is the Chain-O-Lakes WI. On Big Lake in Land-o-Lakes WI. I caught a 52" Muskie on a walleye lure at the end of the pier right after dinner and landed it with 20lbs braided line when I was 16 years old. We had the sucker stuffed and is currently at my parents house in the basement, above the fireplace mantel.

I'm pretty sure that legal size is 48" in WI, with the state record being something like 62" or so.

FishBeard

sounds awesome! What was your success rate??lol 8lb test...must have taken forever!
Success rate has been pretty good, considering we always have stainless leaders on every line now, just in case... It's just funny how such a huge fish comes along and gobbles up a 2" feeder like they are starving.

mr_z

I don't think they knew the limit but they looked like Muskies to me I've never seen them up close here's a picture of my brother with the only two they brought home.

ryanjan11

I don't think they knew the limit but they looked like Muskies to me I've never seen them up close here's a picture of my brother with the only two they brought home.

lol...bro those aren't muskies!! They look like bighead carp!!! lol