My 20 Gallon coral reef w/ HOBs

Ajmal C

Last edited:

Ajmal C

Finally sold my large pieces and colonies, now its decision time, do I keep what I have for a zoa frag tank and risk hurting them with an arduous 9 hour journey or do I just let the second love of my life slip from my fingers, hoping to engage it in the unforeseen future. I really have no life LOL.

Yet again CR has come through for me in my time of need, feel relaxed that all the big pieces and the fish are gone (except the yellow wrasse, it's sleeping in the sand, but promised to someone) and that the remaining pieces are easier to transport. If any one has any ideas for transport let me know. Was thinking of fish bags.

Mixed emotions when looking at how baron the tank looks now.

Contrast my filled to the brim 38 gallon reef with the baron 20 Gallon remaining.

The leaky (look to 1st post) 38 in all its glory
View attachment 9072View attachment 9073

The 20 Gallon on its way out
View attachment 9074

Maybe I should get a yellow tail Damsel to keep the tank cycling when the wrasse is gone, or is it really to keep me company, hahahhhahaha!!.

Do these urges never stop!

Ajmal C

Transferred everybody to the new 10 Gallon frag tank. Looks so empty with out the sand and rock. Which brings me to my chemistry debate: the actual buffering capacity of aragonite sand in regular reef pH values, link to thread: http://www.chicagoreefs.com/forums/showthread.php/25319-Does-Aragonite-Sand-truly-act-as-a-buffer-within-reef-parameters?p=294686#post294686

View attachment 9806

Will be starting a 10 Gallon frag tank thread when I get the chance. Basically discussing bare bottom with live rock environment versus the Deep Sand Bed environment I am so used.

Last edited: