my 29 Biocube

frostyjay1

Well i guess its time to post this build thread up. I have had the tank running for a little while but finally got a few things that i was waiting for.
I have a biocube 29. thanks to Jayjigga for helping out to keep in the hobby.
i am using a aquaticlife 115 skimmer
i have a DIY media basket.
added a mp10 thanks to trackfast, and a nano 240 and 425 thank to Adogg and again Zac (Zportell)
started out with a egg crate top and have changed that to a deer mesh screen top thanks to Zportell for that.
i started off with no lighting, so i pieced together random lights to try to keep stuff alive. thanks to BigKev and superchargedgp for lending me some light.
after a short period with those lights Jayjigga made me a DIY led system. What a huge difference.
then for i had and issue with the lights and used a temp ebay led fixture while mine was being fixed.
for my birthday i got a cc-120 from my wife. Thank you honey.
I also had a combo of help from BigBarnacles and BigKev to get my light hanger made and installed.

I have 5 fish (cherub angel, ORA onyx clown, Midas blenny, Flame hawk, and scooter blenny)
i wont get into listing corals, but i have a few..... (its a build thread, not a showoff thread) plus i dont want anyone to come rob me. LOL

Ok well enough chit chat - here is what your waiting for

the beginning
View attachment 13093

then i got some frags
and e bay led
View attachment 13094

finally my corals were introduced to a whole new world with the lighting from Jay

jm23

Looking good! Is your Nem still walking around? At least he is moving away from the powerhead.

lunacris

filling this guy up quick! looks great with new lights tho i really like what ya got going on with this tank

m.miller1547

Nice lookin biocube. I was looking at your pics and noticed your large green zoa colony. If I'm not mistaken that color was mine at one point. I had it. Looked great. Gave it to a friend with compacts and they declined crazy fast. Received it back and they looked beautiful. Not to hijack your tank thread.

tinman

Nice lookin biocube. I was looking at your pics and noticed your large green zoa colony. If I'm not mistaken that color was mine at one point. I had it. Looked great. Gave it to a friend with compacts and they declined crazy fast. Received it back and they looked beautiful. Not to hijack your tank thread.
Good eye Matt :) I didn't recognize it earlier

I think I got it from you along with the nuvo and I PiFed it to frosty along with some other stuff

frostyjay1

Little update. Things are growing great. Glad I am upgrading. Really happy with the cc-120. Here are some pics.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2