My 60G Cube

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Thanks still a Young tank but things are slowly coming together.. Started KALK dosing this week and Alk is 8 and cal at 440- pretty stable since Monday which I'm pretty impressed with KALK- using ATO with 2 1/2 teaspoons of kalk..
I've been doing it for about a year and I wish I would have been doing it from day-1. It is so simple and my param's have never been steadier (and much cheaper than the 2-part additives!)

Tank2379

I've been doing it for about a year and I wish I would have been doing it from day-1. It is so simple and my param's have never been steadier (and much cheaper than the 2-part additives!)
I never thought I would be using Kalk also but this stuff is great I just bump up my dosage to 3 teaspoons and holding steady CA @ 440 and dhk close to 9 and my Mag I really have no clue but things are starting to encrust pretty good and I am doing weekly water changes as well- :aqua:

FishBeard

Tanks lookin great, that rock is looking more mature by the day! It's come a long way since a few weeks ago when I stopped over. Thanks for the little demo with that vortech, not that the 10 is bad but I ended up buying a brand new old stock mp20 from a vendor in Cali that had found a few in their back room. Paid the same as a new mp10 including the shipping, and have a warranty! Couldnt pass on that deal. Best of both worlds (low cost, more flow) and I can always upgrade it to a 40w later if I want. Looking forward to next months update!

Tank2379

Tanks lookin great, that rock is looking more mature by the day! It's come a long way since a few weeks ago when I stopped over. Thanks for the little demo with that vortech, not that the 10 is bad but I ended up buying a brand new old stock mp20 from a vendor in Cali that had found a few in their back room. Paid the same as a new mp10 including the shipping, and have a warranty! Couldnt pass on that deal. Best of both worlds (low cost, more flow) and I can always upgrade it to a 40w later if I want. Looking forward to next months update!
Thanks Fishbeard

But nice score on the MP20. I still am in the market to pick up another MP10 or just smash it out with 1X MP40wES and take it from there. But still undecided- I want it to be as clean as possible...

FishBeard

If you wanna go the mp20 route, hit me up with pm and I'll get you in contact with them, they have a few left. Ecosmart is such a waste on our little cubes, no point in wasting the money IMO. A 10 and a 20 would crank out crazy flow running the 20 on the side in reef crest, and the 10 on the opposite back end in lagoon.