My freshwater tanks.

scotty

well tomorrow I'm tearing down the salt tank and giving my breeding angels a new home. So I'm going to bring this area some posts!

My 36 corner, which will be getting a rehab this weekend. I have 1 mated pair of angels, and 2 other females, so the 2 females will stay with pleco's, and the pair will move to the 28 cube with my mated pair of corys, and i have a smaller ceramic stump going into the cube as well.
I gotta get the mated pair alone, because they are too territorial in that small of a water column, if it was a rectangle, they might be fine, but because the corner has more of a cube shape, they take over the whole tank. They need to move before the fighting becomes damage, and were not there yet.

Little Luke, looking awesome, and the reason I'm dropping the salt tank, but it is not a bad thing!

my final tank is a 40 breeder. I was going to make it a salt tank, but my father got the bug again, and wants a discus tank, and we will use the 40 until I get him more on the bug and get a bigger tank.

For those that are unfamiliar with discus care, they are the kings of the water, gorgeous coloration and plate appearance, and require that care. to be healthy they need to be in a school no smaller than 5 or 6, and pristine, hot, soft water. yup, not R/O water, softened tap water is perfectly fine with at the very least 50% water changes every week. basically you need to have someone else with the bug, just in case you can't get to the water change.

the water part was beyond belief, so I tested it on the angels because they have similar needs, and i went from 25% softened water to now 100% with no ill effects, actually they have spawned twice for me that I saw. (sometimes they eat the eggs right away)

youngreef

He is adorable....
I have 2 girls no boy yet...
He is way handsom then his daddy on this profile picture hahahah

scotty

haha if i was a little person on acid coming out of a casket, i would tolly agree with you. He got alot more of my wife than me, the chin and eyes are only me. best features imo haha.

scotty

I built the stand for my 40 breeder, turned out well, just gotta get the plywood on the base, and still deciding if I'm gonna put a shelf in, probably will haven't decided yet though.