My official transition from lurking...

Pfisherman

I have been lurking on this forum for well over a year without many contributions. So here goes it...

My wife bought me a new 40 breeder for my birthday in June. By the way, this is a build out thread...

anarchy

What kind of equipment are you planning for? What kind of coral and fish do you want to keep?

Pfisherman

I had a 75g reef that was okay about a year ago, but life happened and I had to part with it, all I had left in my fish arsenal was that 29 & a hand full of pumps

Pfisherman

I didn't know for sure everything that I wanted with this tank, but definitely knew that I wanted to have a sump and in tank skimmer, so I took a crack at drilling glass and installed a glass holes 700 gph overflow and dual .5" returns

Pfisherman

So, I'm always on the lookout for a deal, I scooped up this old nova four bulb fixture off of krocky here on CR. It will not be my permanent lighting choice, but it will work to start then good for a backup down the road.

Pfisherman

I got this eshopps snow cone skimmer from reef plus in north aurora about a month ago, just cleaned it up today. Got it used for $100

Pfisherman

I really want a new stand, but this one I made out of an old dresser. I will be making doors out of the old drawers. It sat like this for a while, carib sea sugar sand and dry rock with no water ?

Pfisherman

So, last weekend I came home from work and gathered it all up in the utility room and with a little helper I made a bit o progress ?

Pfisherman

Some time this week I will take my sump to work and install baffles... I hope lol. My holdups are that, then I need to buy an RODI unit, and salt and setup a mixing station. Oh, and most important my wife needs to decide an a final resting spot for this thing.

Siebo

Premium member
In the last picture you use a compression coupler (I think that is what it is called) on your return. IMO I would use a union there. Those things tend the leak over time.