My regal angel.

BADGUS

So today mark(markitekt) came over and captured some cool shots of the newest addition to my tank,his name is boopsy.

Herbie

Banned
don't tell my cherub, but that's the prettiest angel I've ever seen. Is that the full grown color pattern?

ColaAddict

Did you get that from MCF? they had a nice shipment of really sweet austrailian fishes. I saw a really sweet Regal there, was wondering who bought it.

markitekt

I'm totally gonna jack this thread! I had an idea of a "Show off your Regal" thread. Noticing that more than a few members had Regal Angels in their avatars, I though we should show them off.

Here's my favorite fish, perhaps on the same pedestal as my Moorish Idol.

Gus- What do you say? Let's get others to join!

markitekt

I bet the one you saw at MCF is the one sleeping with the dude in my avatar. He must be Australian too. :(

Did you get that from MCF? they had a nice shipment of really sweet austrailian fishes. I saw a really sweet Regal there, was wondering who bought it.

EricTheRed

No, I'm not a communist..
Your picture taking is awesome. how the heck do you get such sharp pics of moving fish !?!?

Here's the best shot I could get of my Regal with my daylights on....

Funlad3

Here's my favorite fish, perhaps on the same pedestal as my Moorish Idol.

Gus- What do you say? Let's get others to join!
I wouldn't hesitate to get one in a few more months, but it would eventually have to go into my dad's 125, and I doubt it would get along with an imperator. :(

EricTheRed

I had an Imperator and a Regal and it "worked". However the Imperator was muuuuch bigger and he couldn't catch the regal even if he tried, which he did, but then gave up because he was too slow.

markitekt

You have to set a fast shutter speed. You also have to follow the fish with the camera. I usually keep about 1/10 shots. Keep shooting until you get results.

Your picture taking is awesome. how the heck do you get such sharp pics of moving fish !?!?

Here's the best shot I could get of my Regal with my daylights on....

ColaAddict

The Regal is a more passive angel and ideally should be introduced to the tank first. before more aggressive fishes.

Crooks

I will change my avatar as soon as I get a good pic of my new favorite fish. To many people with this one

EricTheRed

usually keep about 1/10 shots. Keep shooting until you get results.
I usually keep 1 out 20+ (at least, maybe more). I'll have to look into setting a fast shutter speed because even when my fish slow down they still come out blurry. thanks for the tip.