My System is Going downhill quickly!!!

Navycook2

So Like I have said in the past couple days my system has started to cloud up on me. I am not sure why but I have lost two corals and loosing my big acro. I did a 30% water change last night and its still heading down hill!!
Ammonia 0
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
phos < .03
mag 1500-- a little high (yesterday was at 1750)
Alk is at 3.0 (redsea)
Ph is at 8..6 ( yesterday 8.8) here is a picture of my tank with the cloudiness sorry for lights not being on yet.

Untitled by adam.skott, on Flickr

Navycook2

kent tech m mag
kent turbo calcium granules/ kent liquid calcium
kent coral builder
reef solutions from aquatica
just started fuel by aquavitro

Lil BamBam

Premium member
What was the last thing you changed before you noticed? I wish I can help with taking some of the corals..

Navycook2

so on top of this awesome occurrence as im fragging my whole tank my water level drops as suspected from the water out take i turn my drains to allow more water in my sump forgetting my water level for my skimmer and my skimmer dumps a whole bucket in!! man im just hitting it good today!!!

ColaAddict

Shoot! I wish I can help, but I'm out of town until thursday, otherwise I would hold some of your corals for you. Someone help Navycook out!
The 50% water change should help. Good luck

ColaAddict

sounds like you are having some calcium precipitation. stop whatever your dosing and do your large water change. If you have another tank to spare, just fill that with fresh saltwater and some of your liverock and place your corals in there.

Navycook2

Ok 50% sps are out and living in Aurora right now I think all will survive but my strawberry shortcake. But may need to find another tank as his is tapped on my coral!! Lol

Navycook2

A lot of my coral did loose tissue but will be fine and get back into shape over there thanks for all the quick responses I think all signs point to ca precipitation just waiting for water to warm up!

BocoChoco

So far everybody is happy!!! My hermits won't stop eating all the old Dead tissue and or worms from the bare skeletal structures. Shoo crab shoo! If the Rtn would have continued then I would have seen more tissue loss which is not the case. I'll post on my CMAS RC thread progress pics. When your tank is ready to roll let me know. Acro grow back over their skeletons many many times. I had a stag Rtn all the way to tip and I didn't drag it. It started growing back down to encrust and you can't even tell now. That's my blue stag that color morphed forest green

dtrm

Ok 50% sps are out and living in Aurora right now I think all will survive but my strawberry shortcake. But may need to find another tank as his is tapped on my coral!! Lol
I have room if you need it I'm in bolingbrook

I still have some room in my tank if you want me to babysit, but I'm in the city....you know where I live. I'll gladly drop in whatever fits.