Mystery Nipper

Marine500

Hey guys I have about a 3 inch yellow tang that is being nipped and can't seem to pinpoint by whom because it's only occuring during night hours. Now I figure this because I closely observe during the day and see no aggression. Livestock is currently the tang,3 blue green chromis,juvenile melanarus wrasse,Coral banded shrimp whom is very slow moving and docile,and 2 very small ocellaris..any guesses?

Smitty

Premium member
I'm willing to bet it's the CB shrimp. They can be very aggressive and are known nippers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gav

Watch the ocellaris and check and see if they are defending a territory and lunging at the yellow tang when he approaches. They seem to small to be doing it but you never know. It could also be the CB shrimp as Smitty stated. Also check for periodic twitching which could be a sign of flukes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine500

I was thinking the CB but I figured the tang moves a lot swifter and could evade this but then again the CB is the only nocturnal livesrick in the mean time of relocating the CB ill observe the clowns..haven't really seen any aggression when lights out