Nano cube powerhead?

jvermeulen

Premium member
I have a 28 g nano cube with the 2 returns and a submersible uv sterilizer in the tank providing all my water flow. I have a small power head that I got for it. Should I put that in also or will it create too much current in the tank? It's an aqueon 500 circulation pump. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Siebo

Premium member
Drop it in as long as the sand is not blowing all over. May need to play with the angle and placement a bit though to create flow around the glass. I use a timer on my 14 cube to turn it on and off to create random flow. Does depend on what you plan to keep though

Last edited:

MMreef

What return pump are you using on your set up? Depends on what you will keep, flow from your return pump might be enough in such a small tank.

PsychedelicNano.

It may be overkill depending on how many gph your to return pumps have. Those powerhead take up a decent amount of space in those cubes.

PsychedelicNano.

There is no right or wrong answer it's up to you and what coral you have in your tank. If you don't have sps then I wouldn't bother. Adding another 500 gph is over kill for just softies and lps.

If I were you I'd stick to PsychedelicNano's words of wisdom and not go with the power head unless you're gonna keep sps down the road.

reefjedi82

I have a 500 in a 24 cube I use as a frag tank and it blows sand to one direction aim it at something to deflect it is your best option