Nano Skimmer recommendations?

tkh

So.. I'm setting up a 30g cube with room in it's overflow/mini-sump area for a small skimmer - possibly. Any recommendations? I've been looking at a tunze 9002, but would rather not pay that much for one, and the AquaticLife 115. There's an innovative marine one that looks alright as well. Any suggestions?

DD

"Rambo"
They all look really good and have good reviews. I don't think you would go wrong with any of the three.

I'm sure someone on here will be able to point you in the right direction. I've never owned any of them personally.

Cubbies

I've used the Aquaticlife 115. I like it alot. I took down the nano so if you are interested shoot me a pm. We can work something out.

frostyjay1

I am using an aquaticlife skimmer on my bio cube and it works great. it does require re tuning after water changes if your water level changes. But ATO can prevent that. Good luck on your journey

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

William Lutman

Innovative Marine skimmers work very well and have much larger cup than the 115. Reef Octopus makes 2 nano skimmers NS-80 is only $43 has Italian pin wheel pump and a drain tube on the cup. It also has rotating tube to set water height, easiest of all to tune. i was very impressed for the price. I have also tried the BH-50 little hard to adjust and larger but also works well on my 27G SPS tank. Last one I tried was the Eshopps nano, held on by magnet check if it will fit, great skim (like tar) and decent size cup are pluses here.

#1 innovative marine
#2 Eshopps - works best
#3 for smaller tanks the $43 NS-80 is the one you want. It would be #1 if I could handle bigger tanks

tkh

Thanks for all of the tips! :) Time to deliberate and figure out what's going to fit best. Glad to be pointed in the right direction at least!